Frontier owners.... recline block question

mamabear

I'm putting my newly washed cover back on, and installing the seat back in my car. I'm noticing the recline block doesn't click/or lock in the forward position ( I don't remember if it did that fresh out of the box). If I put the recline block forward, and pick the seat up it just flings downward, it won't stay forward. Is it supposed to be like that???

ADS

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
Going from memory when I installed DD2's Frontier, I think the recline block does swing around like you're describing rather than lock into the forward position (the position the recline block is required to be in for harnessed use). Placing the Frontier on the vehicle seat with the recline block forward is what keeps it positioned forward, if I'm remembering correctly.

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
Yes, you are remembering correctly. I wish it would lock in place. I have had it move on me, while getting the car seat into postion.

mamabear

Thanks!:D
Well, since it does lock into the back position for booster mode I wasn't sure if it was broken or what. I wish they would note that in the manual.

nlmom

I actually like the covers. Having had microfiber furniture for a few years now.. i'm well used to it. Easiest wy to clean is just to vaccum and then wipe down with a wet cloth. I like microfiber wash clothes for this. I also have a little bissel green machine... works dandy for this too!

essnce629

My recline block locks in the forward position. I've been moving my Frontier from car to car several times a week and have never had the recline block move out of the forward position. I have to pull it out of position to move it and when I put it back it does snap and lock in place. Odd that others don't do this. Maybe you should call Britax.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I actually like the covers. Having had microfiber furniture for a few years now.. i'm well used to it. Easiest wy to clean is just to vaccum and then wipe down with a wet cloth. I like microfiber wash clothes for this. I also have a little bissel green machine... works dandy for this too!

Yeah, but the many of the FR's are actually a really funky mesh stuff that washes up horribly....I'd kill for a good pink microfiber cover!

mamabear

My recline block locks in the forward position. I've been moving my Frontier from car to car several times a week and have never had the recline block move out of the forward position. I have to pull it out of position to move it and when I put it back it does snap and lock in place. Odd that others don't do this. Maybe you should call Britax.

Hmmm...that's strange. I would think this is how it's supposed to be, it seems odd to me that it *wouldn't* lock forward, but since no one else's does (well, but yours:p) I guess it's normal. Just out of curiosity, why do you pull it out of position to move it? Are you changing it form booster mode to harness mode? When I move my seat I wish it would just stay forward since that's where I'm keeping it. Just trying to clarify.

mamabear

Yeah, but the many of the FR's are actually a really funky mesh stuff that washes up horribly....I'd kill for a good pink microfiber cover!

me too.
BTW I called again and told them they need plush covers. Got a different CS agent and they "will be passing that along".

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC