Need install help!

::er!ca::

My 3 year old is in a Nautilus, and my 6 month old needs to go in her Evenflo Triumph DLX. I have a 2 door car (97 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP). It would be ideal to have the Nautilus on the passenger side, and the EFT in the middle. However, the EFT isn't perfectly centered in the middle because of the way the middle seat is in my car. The two side seats dip down a little bit lower than the middle, and the middle seat is narrow. The corner of the base of the EFT is not touching the seat of the car because it's slightly hanging over the part that dips down to be the seat on the side. DH has it installed very tightly and it's not moving at all (we haven't used it this way, he just came back in the house from trying to install it). Is that ok? Or should I not use it that way?

If it can't be used that way, we're going to have a big problem because it's going to be near impossible for me to have her on the side with my 2 door car... I would have to go to hell and back to get her in it, bucked in, and back out of it.

Ugh, I hate having a two door car!

ADS

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
As long as at least 80% of the base is on the seat, and it's moving less than an inch, you should be ok.

Have you put the Nautilus in yet? Those are two not-so-narrow seats to put next to each other. If they fit, make sure they're both independently tight.

::er!ca::

Way more than 80% is on the seat... like 99.5% :)

DH put them in, starting with the Nauti that is on the passenger side. Then he put in the EFT, which is in the middle... they are both independently tight.

When we only had DD#1, the EFT was in the middle, and it always fit fine... but with a seat next to it, it's not so "center." But like I said above, way more than 80% is on the seat and they're both independently tight.

Thank you!!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC