Tightening the Britix Marathon vs. BV??

Mom to a few

I haven't been able to find a Boulevard in any stores around here, but they do have the Marathon. Someone on here one time mentioned that the harness was more difficult to tighten on the Boulevard than on the Marathon. When I played with the Marathon in the store, it was SOOOO easy to tighten and loosen--which is important to me! I prefer the better head protection of the Boulevard, but not if it's a pain to use. I feel a little nervous about buying something I've never seen/tried out in person. So are they the same, or is there really a difference in how they tighten/loosen?? Thanks!

ADS

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
I have both the BV & MA, and don't notice a difference. I've heard that the Decathlon has a different adjuster.

Mom to a few

Are they both easy for you to tighten and loosen--even after you've been using it awhile? Seems that a lot of our seats have started out easy to adjust but get more difficult over time--even though our straps aren't twisted at all. I've never had a Britix though....

Splash

I have two BVs and they are plenty easy to tighten and loosen. When RF though it's more of a tug release, tug release tighten, but when FF or not installed, it can just be pulled in one solid pull. I don't notice any difference between them and the MA. I gave my MAs and RA away after we lost our daughters because I knew we were buying BVs for the baby, so I don't have one to compare it to side by side, but I have never found it to be difficult.

U

Unregistered

When we first got our BV it was sooo hard to get it tight enough on ds. I think part of it was the adjustment period from going from an Evenflo Triumph with the knobs adjuster that was super easy to use. It took some practice, but now adjusting the BV is really easy, and I feel like I can get the harness really tight every time. I don't have any experience with the MA though.

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
I haven't had my seats very long. I've had the MA for maybe 6mo and the BV's maybe a month. So they aren't even really broke in! But so far so good. I have the MA rf and the BVs ff. Both are easy to adjust.

We have two BV, one RF and one FF. We installed the FF first and didn't have any trouble tightening the straps. A few months later, we installed the other one RF, and it's a bear to get the straps tight enough. I even started using the infant insert to see if it would help, and it helps some but it's still a struggle to get it tight. I'm hoping it loosens up over time. I don't have any experience with an MA, but my girlfriend has one and when she puts her dd in my BV, she doesn't mention a difference in tightening the straps. Then again, maybe it's just me. lol

Mom to a few

Bettersafethansorry said:
We installed the FF first and didn't have any trouble tightening the straps. A few months later, we installed the other one RF, and it's a bear to get the straps tight enough.
Hmmm....We will be using one FF and one RF too. I think a lot of seats are harder to get tight RF though--probably has something to do with the angle that you have to pull on the strap when RF? Well, that's good information to know....Thanks!

Splash

We have them in RF and it's very easy to tighten and loosen. It's more tug-release than it is a smooth pull, but that's because you have to pull it UP when RF instead of down or out (which you would FF).
I've never had a problem with either of them adjusting RF.

Mom to a few

Splash said:
We have them in RF and it's very easy to tighten and loosen. It's more tug-release than it is a smooth pull, but....I've never had a problem with either of them adjusting RF.
Great!! I hope to be getting at least one ASAP--and the other soon after! I can't wait to use them!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC