Britax Regent Recline Bar help

S

sjhsg

I just purchased a Britax regent. I am having trouble understanding the recline bar instructions. I do not understand why the slots for bar angle down, so when you put in the bar it goes up. The photos in the book show the bar going down. If I install it so the bar is facing down, it does not seem right. If anyone knows what I am talking about, I would appreciate the help because I am thoroughly confused and would like to get this in the car today.
Thanks

ADS
S

sjhsg

Thanks, I do not have a tether for the seat with the latch in my car. I do not know why. This picture helps a lot, in the book it looked different.:)

my3girls

What year/model of car do you drive? If it has LATCH then you should have a tether or one could possibly be added. Since the Regent weighs so much and is made for a child that is up to 80#, it really should have a top tether if there is any way possible!

jenny03

Yes, if you have LATCH, then there should be a tether there somewhere. OR a dealer could add one. I've heard it's not hard to do if you're somewhat handy. I found the Regent manual to be confusing, and some of the pics don't even match the instructions. (like they show the short belt path while explaining the long belt path) If you put the recline bar straight in the holes, it will angle upwards, so that it is pushing into the seat back. If it were pointing downwards, it might push into the bight (crack) of the seat, making the seat not as tight.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC