Marathon crotch buckle question..

evansmom

the little pad that the crotch buckle goes thru, does that go on baby's lap when fastening the buckle? do you know what I'm talking about? or does baby sit on that pad?

also, i'm having a hard time unbuckling the buckle to get his out. i have to press doww on him quite a bit to undo it since its so tight and there is no slack, which there probably isn't supposed to be.

anything i can do about this or is that just the way it is? its hard for me to even get my fingers arund the buckle to press the release red button without pressing on him..

hope this makes some sense..

thanks!

ADS

TerisBoys

The pad goes behind the buckle/in his lap.

Where are you checking to see how tight the harness is? You may have it too tight.

Can you post a pic?

evansmom

well, i've got those rubber hug things on which makes it hard to tell how tight anything is..

by pulling on the tightening strap i believe we have it all the way pulled, it won't pull anymore..

the little bit of open space between the hugs and the little shoulder pads i can't pinch any slack...

am i overtightening it?? eeek!:confused:

how do you acurretly check?

pastrygirl

Do you have room to push the Hugs down, so that they're out of the way, just to do the pinch test? Then you can move them back (and move the chest clip into the correct position) once the harness is snug enough.

Here's a thread that describes the pinch test for checking the harness. I'd been tightening mine too much before I learned about the pinch test. :eek:

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
If you're having a hard time un/buckling his harness, it's ok to use the adjuster to loosen it before you take him out and tighten it when you put him back in... it's kind of like tying or untying tennis shoes... it's just easier to get them on and off when they aren't laced up tight :)

cryswilkins

If you're having a hard time un/buckling his harness, it's ok to use the adjuster to loosen it before you take him out and tighten it when you put him back in... it's kind of like tying or untying tennis shoes... it's just easier to get them on and off when they aren't laced up tight :)

I agree, I adjust every time she gets in and out. It makes it so much easier.

tjham

I don't like to loosen/unloosen every time :eek: so I put two fingers under the buckle and push on it with the other hand. Otherwise, it just pushes into his stomach and doesn't come undone.

BookMama

Senior Community Member
I don't like to loosen/unloosen every time :eek: so I put two fingers under the buckle and push on it with the other hand. Otherwise, it just pushes into his stomach and doesn't come undone.

This is what I do too, except that I just put my fingers behind the buckle and use my thumb (same hand :p) to push the button. I don't like to loosen/tighten every time either.

kamesq

"This is what I do too, except that I just put my fingers behind the buckle and use my thumb (same hand ) to push the button. I don't like to loosen/tighten every time either."

That's what I do too. I love that little pad, by the way. When the car is too warm or too cold, that pad prevents the buckle from touching my son! :)

tjham

This is what I do too, except that I just put my fingers behind the buckle and use my thumb (same hand :p) to push the button. I don't like to loosen/tighten every time either.

Now that I think about it, I used to be able to do it with one hand.
Now my old fingers are too weak. Darn! :eek:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC