Question Maxi-Cosi Priori vs EFTA vs EB Deluxe???

B

Bob the Builder

So i actually got to go to target yesterday (chicago, il...@ brickyard mall, narragansett) and yes...the Evenflo Triumph Advance are on sale for $98...

I was goin to get that since most of you thought that that is really a great seat. But i was just concerned about the shoulder straps adjustment...you just pull it up and push it down to the shoulder level??? Is that actually safe?? Would that hold my baby in the seat in case of a collision or would that give way easily? Also...i think it is little bulky for me...im planning to move back to california next year. It will be my first time on a plane with my baby...and i don't know what to do and how to do it with the car seat.

Since i streched out my budget to around $130..i saw the Maxi-COsi Priori also on sale for $140...if i remember it right it has the same specs as the EFTA (or does it..LOL)

And then DH's bet is a 3in1...he likes the Eddie Bauer Deluxe for $120...

Or should i just settle for the $50+- Cosco Scenera...fits perfectly in may car...and i bet i wont have a problem travelling with it on a plane...LOL...

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!! I didn't it could be this confusing! Hehe!

Thanks for your help!!!

ADS

cpsaddict

I would skip the EB. It really won't last as long as they say it will. The harness limit is 40lbs. It makes a cruddy booster and the top slots are not very high. It's also not really "Eddie Bauer". That's just the fabric. It's just a Cosco Alpha Omega Elite in fancy clothes.
The Priori is nicely padded, but it TINY. Most kids will not make it to 40lbs in it, which is the top weight.
The Triumph Advance is very nice and the red tabs are safe. Once the harness is tightened they lock into place. The seat would not be on the market if the straps "gave way". For $98, it's a great deal. If you are wanting something less bulky, you can check Big Lots of the Safety 1st Uptown for $65. Sears has the Safety 1st Avenue for $75, which is the same as the Uptown. I just got the Uptown and I really like it for the price. Nicely padded and tall harness slots, although it only goes to 40lbs.

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
I would get the EFTA, with those choices. I hate the 3 in 1's (eddie bauer). They are jack of all trades, master of none. The Maxi only goes to 40 lbs. I put DBK Bekah in it, and she has already outgrown the harness.

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
So i actually got to go to target yesterday (chicago, il...@ brickyard mall, narragansett) and yes...the Evenflo Triumph Advance are on sale for $98...

OMG I want one for that price!!! Even though I have NO need for it. LOL

I was goin to get that since most of you thought that that is really a great seat. But i was just concerned about the shoulder straps adjustment...you just pull it up and push it down to the shoulder level??? Is that actually safe?? Would that hold my baby in the seat in case of a collision or would that give way easily? Also...i think it is little bulky for me...im planning to move back to california next year. It will be my first time on a plane with my baby...and i don't know what to do and how to do it with the car seat.

You don't push it down. When it tightens it comes down automatically. It's a brilliant and unique system, and no it won't fail. That would be failing testing, and it wouldn't be allowed on the shelf if it failed testing.

As for the airplane, you simply install it like you do in a car. You use the same beltpath, put it in the same direction, use it the same way. You'll just want to put the armrest up. Rear facing this seat isn't so big to be next to. Forward facing it would be, though. It is a wide seat.

Since i streched out my budget to around $130..i saw the Maxi-COsi Priori also on sale for $140...if i remember it right it has the same specs as the EFTA (or does it..LOL)

No, the EFTA goes to 50 pounds forward and the Maxi Cosi goes to 40. I don't know about the top slots, but I don't think the MC's are as high.

And then DH's bet is a 3in1...he likes the Eddie Bauer Deluxe for $120...

Ick. It's a good rear facing seat. Forward facing it's got a 40 pound limit with 14.5" top slots. The Evenflo's are 17.5", to give you an idea. You'll get about a foot more of overall height out of the Evenflo than the 3 in 1. And then it's a lousy booster. Jack of all trades, master of none. I checked two of those seats this week and a three year old had already outgrown it by height, a 2.5 year old was a growth spurt away from it. You'll need another harnessed seat, and you'll need a dedicated booster. Not worth the money. They're also hard to install.

There are some new ones coming out with the upper most headrest position usable for harness mode (right now that's for booster mode only), and it will have a 50 pound limit as well. That'll give it the same limits as the EFTA. It'll still suck as a booster, though. If you've found one of those then it depends on which one you simply like better. Unless it's gotten easier to install, I'd still go with the EFTA.

Or should i just settle for the $50+- Cosco Scenera...fits perfectly in may car...and i bet i wont have a problem travelling with it on a plane...LOL...

It is VERY easy to travel with. Narrow, lightweight, and fairly easy to install anywhere. You'll need another harnessed seat after this, but the price makes it great for anything more than about a year's worth. It is a very cost effective seat.

You might also want to look at the Safety 1st Uptown and Avenue seats. The Uptown is at Big Lots for $65 now, and the Avenue is at Sears for $70. They rear face to 35 and forward to 40 with about 16" top slots. They're lightweight and fairly narrow, but more padded than the Scenera.

Wendy

lorinick

I would get the EFTA, with those choices. I hate the 3 in 1's (eddie bauer). They are jack of all trades, master of none. The Maxi only goes to 40 lbs. I put DBK Bekah in it, and she has already outgrown the harness.

I so love that saying " They are jack of all trades, master of none". I think I'm going to start using that line at work.

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
I would absolutely get the EFTA at that price. It's a great seat.

The Priori's straps are lower, and it was uncomfortably narrow for my skinny 2.5 year old when she tried it out.

B

Bob the Builder

OMG I want one for that price!!! Even though I have NO need for it. LOL

LOL

You don't push it down. When it tightens it comes down automatically. It's a brilliant and unique system, and no it won't fail. That would be failing testing, and it wouldn't be allowed on the shelf if it failed testing.

Oh ok...i get it now...it is brilliant...!!!

rosey2007

I was thinking the same the about the EFTA and the harness not being very safe. I may have to consider this car seat for my son.

kmcenery

I am not a tech, but I have used 2 seats on your list. I have used the eb and the efta. I hated the eb I had. I love the efta. The eb was very hard to install, it was very hard to tighting and loseing the straps and my daughter is only 19 mos and is already almost to the 3rd harness spot if she would be ff. I would get the efta. very easy to install, very easy to do the straps and my daughter has lots of room to grow in it. I have never tried the Maxi seat

bekah

I've traveled with my EFTA on the plane and it fits well. It is super heavy though! I had it in a travel bag and ended up breaking tons of blood vessels in my shoulder from the strap.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC