Question Seat check

canadiannanny

I had to put a locking clip on but it's in the belt path- is that ok? The seat is exactly at 45 degrees, receiving blanket under it and has less than an inch movement side to side with non dominant hand Does it look ok?

Oh and the UAS clips are just hanging, I've since hooked them in the storage clips.

Attachments

• image-355318262.jpg
    image-355318262.jpg
    503.9 KB · Views: 59
  • image-2967934277.jpg
    image-2967934277.jpg
    424.6 KB · Views: 55
  • image-3231100025.jpg
    image-3231100025.jpg
    449.5 KB · Views: 53
ADS

Pixelated

Moderator - CPST Instructor
I can't judge the angle from the photo - but you're using the level line for reference?

The locking clip is okay inside the belt path, but I can't see it I don't think. How far from the latch plate is it?

canadiannanny

I used an ap on my phone- the recline is at 45

I had to place the locking clip further onto the belt (3 inches) as it was getting caught on the belt guides that are in the rear facin belt path

featherhead

Is this for a newborn? The recline line does not look level. If it's for a newborn I would make sure the line on the seat was level. Don't worry if it's 45 degrees or not. It's the angle Peg Perego tested. For some seats the maximum recline may be more than 45 or less than 45, depending on how the seat was tested.

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
I believe the Peg is at 45 with line parallel to ground. I seem to recall the wording references the backrest being at 45 degrees when the line is parallel to ground.

Of course good advice to use the line if this is for a newborn. I find the seat insert changes baby's position as well, pushes hips out some which angles their back a little more.

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
OP, make sure you're on level ground if using the line to level. And if you're using an app, you must be on level ground or calibrate your app to the angle your vehicle is on.

Pixelated

Moderator - CPST Instructor
I used an ap on my phone- the recline is at 45

I had to place the locking clip further onto the belt (3 inches) as it was getting caught on the belt guides that are in the rear facin belt path

It must be max 1" from the latch plate - closer is better, and some seats specify 1/2" even, I don't recall what Peg states. If you have to have it 3" away to work then you need to choose a different seating position as that is not compatible.

OP, make sure you're on level ground if using the line to level. And if you're using an app, you must be on level ground or calibrate your app to the angle your vehicle is on.

If the line just has to be parallel to the ground then you can be parked on a hill and still use it, so long as it is parallel (it's bubble or other gravity-type indicators that require flat ground to function properly).

You don't need to use an app to measure any angle, use the line that Peg put on the side -- when it is level to the ground the child (dummy) will have been properly positioned for however the seat tested. If you don't feel comfortable just standing back and eye-balling the line, then just make the seat's level line match the floorboard of your vehicle, you shouldn't even need to calibrate the app.

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
If the line just has to be parallel to the ground then you can be parked on a hill and still use it, so long as it is parallel (it's bubble or other gravity-type indicators that require flat ground to function properly). You don't need to use an app to measure any angle, use the line that Peg put on the side -- when it is level to the ground the child (dummy) will have been properly positioned for however the seat tested. If you don't feel comfortable just standing back and eye-balling the line, then just make the seat's level line match the floorboard of your vehicle, you shouldn't even need to calibrate the app.

Except that most people aren't levelling parallel to the actual ground, they are levelling parallel to what their eyes, which is the wrong angle compared to the ground. I don't think many people tilt their head to match the ground angle. And with black seats and black carpet that many people have (which often doesn't show much definition due to lack of colour difference), and humps and bumps in the floor, and differing angles between seat and floor, it often makes it difficulty or the eyes to understand what you are supposed to be levelling against.

Also, an app is useful with the Peg when doing an angle less than 45. Between 35 and 45, it's not easy to eyeball.

canadiannanny

This is for my eleven month old son. He is only 20 lbs clothed so the insert is still in.

I'm aware how to use the line for 45 degrees but have been out of the car seat check world so long I can't eyeball 35 anymore. So I assume an app would be best to check?

The belt doesn't lock at the retractor nor at the latch plate. Only the outter positions lock at the retractor but I really want him in the middle as it allows the seats further back.

jacqui276

I can't tell from the photo, but do you have your belt stalk twisted? If not, try twisting it up to 3 full twists and see if that brings it down enough that you can use the locking clip outside of the belt path.

What vehicle is this in?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC