Question Winter Baby?

laurenandalex

Number 3 is due at the end of November. 1 and 2 are June babies...so this tiny baby in the winter is new to me.

With our first two, I just dressed them in light layers and tucked a blanket around them in the carseat. We street park...and now have a twice daily school run (which will likely be walked with baby being worn most of the time) to contend with. We live in Pittsburgh- but I'm wary after last winter!!

How do I dress this baby?
Do I need a car seat cover? I know shower cap style-no bundle me's!
Recommendations and advice appreciated.

ADS

krasota

Fleece jammies with feet over regular layers work pretty well for short jaunts where the car won't warm up.

For babywearing outside in the winter, I dress my kid in warm layers, add a fleece bunting and a hat under the hood, then wrap in front. If it's really cold, the babe goes inside my coat. The hat and hood can be pushed down if kiddo gets warm.

And if there's any ice, I use trekking poles (with the carbide tips out, not the rubber feet).

skiersnowboarder3

Senior Community Member
My dd is the end of January and the next is due the end of November. I used a shower cap cover and a very warm thick wool blanket tucked around her under the cover.

CMeMeC

I have 3 winter babies. I dressed them and then used a heavy baby blanket. One of the 3 had a cover on their seat. Once they were older, they worn a fleece if anything. I hardly ever wear a coat and my kids are the same. A short few seconds to load and from the car is not a big deal. My daughter kept a fleece blanket in the car. Regular clothes, a blanket, and a light fleece Jacket and you're good. For baby wearing, I would probably dress baby in a fleece sleeper with a winter hat and then zip/button my coat over us both.

gigi

How cold is your winter? Recommendations will vary greatly from Virginia to Minneapolis.

I would dress a baby in footies all the time in winter and use a heavy snap on blanket and hat.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC