HBB for Subaru Forester: Recaro, Cambria?

U

Unregistered

I'm considering either the Diono Cambria (if it will EVER come out!) or the Recaro Performance Booster for our 2005 Subaru Forester. My kids rarely ride in this car, so this would be for booster training and then we would eventually move the boosters into our 2008 Honda Odyssey when they outgrow their current Radian65 (which won't be for a long while!)

They occasionally fall asleep in the car, so need the HBB and good support to keep everything in position. I want a booster with a "sturdier" feel. I know that's probably dumb but it's hard because our Radians are like rocks and I'm going to feel like every booster is flimsy!

My twins aren't big. They are 6 years old, 41 pounds, 44 inches tall. I love the deeper seat in the Radian65s - good leg support - and they have never once complained about being uncomfortable in their Radian65s and have plenty of room left to grow. That's kind of why I'm leaning away from the Britax Parkway - the seat is so shallow in comparison.

My worry is that the Recaro won't fit in the Subaru between the belt buckles. The Cambria probably would but it's still a comparatively wide seat, right? I'd like for them to be able to buckle themselves but it's not a huge deal-breaker if they can't.

Does anyone have Recaro HBBs in an older Subaru Forester and can comment about fit?

Does anyone have any inside info on when the Cambria is coming out and which retailers will stock them first? I think I'd prefer the Cambria - it seems less fussy/simpler/more streamlined/less cumbersome to transfer between cars (we would occasionally move these HBBs between our Subaru and the grandparents' cars (A Lexus RX300 and an older Toyota Camry). Has anyone gotten their hands on an actual Cambria (sample, or whatever!) and can give opinions? Since we love the Radians so much I feel like we'd probably like the Cambrias.

Thanks in advance for any input!!

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
The Cambrias are shipping now. They're lightweight. I've touched them, but I haven't put them in cars or seen how the belt guide geometry is (my guess is good since they learned from the first Monterey headrest).

I'm afraid in your car I don't have any info of one or the other, but I have touched and see the Cambrias.

Wendy

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC