Need help replacing 3 seats

kmt+4

Hi everyone. I am new to the forum. I was in an accident yesterday which has me extremely paranoid and am hoping for some quick answers if possible. I have a 2010 Ford Fusion that I need to fit 3 across in.

My oldest son is 8 and about 46" and 50 lbs.
My daughter is almost 7 and about 44" and 45lbs.
My youngest son is 4 and about 41" and 42lbs.
(All measurements are my best guess for now. I will be measuring and weighing them tomorrow.)

I'm trying to stay around $150-200 for each carseat but my biggest concern is fitting 3 across and of course their safety. What are your recommendations for each?

We travel a lot so comfort for travel and sleeping in the car is important. My oldest has aspergers so he is super picky abouthis legs being comfortable. I want to keep him in a hbb if possible for as long as I can. My daughter is tall and skinny so if I can still harness her, I would of course prefer that.

Last edited:
ADS

kmt+4

The only 2 car seats that were in the car at the time were a Harmony booster and a cheap Evenflo hbb which are spares that don't get used much. The better carseats are in their dads car because the kids ride with him the most. He has a Britax Boulevard, a Harmony booster, a Nautilus and I cant remember what the other one is at the moment. Those BARELY fit in my car. I have to really try to get them to fit right Basically, the accident has me paranoid now. Their father and I are sharing car seats right now so I really want to get a set up that can stay in my car that I know for sure is right for them.

Dillipop

I'd try 2-3 harmony defenders if they'll install easily for you. Either 2 for the youngest 2 or 3 if you want to harness all of them. The evenflo secure kid is also a narrow higher weight seat.

Once you decide on harnessed seats, I'd try out whatever boosters you can get your hand on to see if they'll fit. You may be able to get a wider booster in if you get 2 really narrow harness seats.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC