sharing car seat?

blurkt

Hi,
I have 2 daughters, 13 and 32 months (30 and 36 inches tall). My husband is getting a new car (our 3rd, a BMW coupe) and was interested in putting just one seat for them to share (he'll use the van if he needs to take both of them.) It looks like the Safeguard could pretty easily accomodate both of them. Can anyone tell me if the height adjustment is as easy as it looks like on the website? Is there anything else that would adjust fairly easily?
Julie

ADS

Longhorn Lady

Yeah I was going to suggest a Britax Boulevard as well, but wanted to add that at 13 months, your youngest should probably still be rear-facing, so that might be something to consider. It might be too much of a hassle to install/reinstall the seat from RF to FF each time. Just a thought :)

SPJ&E

If you are interested in keeping your 13 month old rear-facing (it's MUCH safer), sharing a carseat would probably be more of a hassle than it's worth. You could always purchase the Safeguard for your older child and buy a Scenera ($40-$50) for the younger one.

Tara

I'm having a tough time seeing how this would work with anything but a RF Boulevard.

The 13 month old really needs to still be RF. The 32 month old still feasibly could be. But, in order for that to work, it would need to be in something with a harness adjust like the Boulevard. No rethreading of straps. Since, obviously, the 32 month old is likely considerably taller than the 13 month old ;) They're not going to fit at the same harness height. The knob adjust, no rethreading of the Boulevard would make this scenario happen.

Tara

Oh, I know Safegaurd was mentioned, I just don't know anything about that seat...does it have to be rethreaded to adjust harness height? or is it like the BLVD? If it has the same kind of harness height adjust, then, obviously, that too would be an option, given the proper RF limits (again, not familiar w/the seat so I don't know it's RF limits)

j4m4d8

I was assuming you were going to forward-face the 13 month old for the occasional ride. The Safeguard is a forward-facing only seat for kids 22 to 65 pounds. The Boulevard can be used rear-facing for kids 5 to 33 pounds and forward-facing for kids 20 pounds (I think, maybe 22?) to 65 pounds.

If your youngest isn't 22 pounds yet, you would have to go with the Boulevard. Otherwise, the Safeguard does have taller top slots and a 7 year lifespan, so you may get a bit more use out of it, assuming your comfortable having your little one forward-facing.

uccomama

Senior Community Member
Tara said:
Oh, I know Safegaurd was mentioned, I just don't know anything about that seat...does it have to be rethreaded to adjust harness height? or is it like the BLVD? If it has the same kind of harness height adjust, then, obviously, that too would be an option, given the proper RF limits (again, not familiar w/the seat so I don't know it's RF limits)

No the harness doesn't have to be rethreaded on the Safeguard to adjust the harness and back. You pull out a knob and pull up the seat back, similar to a high back bpb. The Safeguard is a FF only seat though.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC