Booster Seats

G

Gloria

Booster Seats

I have 2 boys ages 21/2 and 3y10m both weighing 39lbs. I'm looking for some advice on which booster seat is the best to buy. We own a ford explorer. Any advice would be appreciated.

ADS
M

murphydog77

re:booster seats

Hi! I would start by looking at the compatibility database, (Carseat Data website closed - link broken). Look up your model year Explorer and see what other parents have found that worked.

For the older boy, I'd look at the Evenflo Express, Britax Star-Riser/Comfy, Graco CarGo, or the Safety Baby Polo/Uno (if you have headrests). I've got pictures on my web site of these seats www.carseatsite.com/recommendedseats.html. Evenflo has just released a new seat, the Apollo, that looks promising. It has EPS foam which is a nice safety feature. Some places to try for that seat are Wal-Mart and Babies R Us. It was just release about 2 weeks ago, so it may be hard to find right now. Try to look for a booster that will be comfortable for your child and works with your vehicle (i.e. won't tip when you turn a corner).

For your younger son, I'd look for a seat with a harness that will go to a higher weight than 40 lbs. Unfortunately, your choices are very limited at this time. Britax has the Super Elite, which has a harness that goes to 80 lbs. Heck, this would be a good seat for your older son as well. It's hard to find, since it was released in the northeast, though the Toy House www.toyhouseonline.com has them, I think. If you have headrests or your son's ears are still below the top of the back seat, you could also look at the Britax Laptop. It's an L-shaped fabric-covered foam piece that sits on the child's lap against the chest. RightStart www.rightstart.com used to have the Fisher Price Futura. The Futura has a harness that goes to 60 lbs. It's worth checking, but they may be sold out. The Futura is no longer made. I feel that your younger son is still too young to sit in just a booster with the vehicle seat belt. Most kids don't have the maturity to sit properly in a booster w/vehicle seat belt until around age 4.

Heather

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC