Which option would you choose? Harness or Booster?

U

Unregistered

Which is better? Harnessed outboard or a booster in the middle (any booster)?

Ds is 5 years 3 months, 37-38lbs with clothes, and 42-43 inches tall. He is VERY mature and has rode in a booster before and never leans out of place or tries to unbuckle.

So if you HAD to choose one...which would you choose? Would my ds be safe in a booster right now?

Melissa

ADS
U

Unregistered

honestly I think the harness outboard is safer because the shell of the seat will offer a lot of protection and a head on collision is most common so the 5point harness will be safest.

U

Unregistered

He can't be in the middle in my mothers or my sisters cars in the Regent. I can install it outboard though. And I couldn't get it in the middle of my Avalanche good, but after 2 hours and sore hands and knees, it is in there and I have figured out how to do it now. I may just buy him a booster to use in other vehicles anyway unless it will be a long trip. I don't want to move the Regent anymore than I have to!

So a booster for short trips will be Ok, right? I will probably just get a cheap Turbobooster because it will only get used maybe 3-4 times a year, if that! I don't want to get a nice booster and let it sit and expire and never get used.

Thanks for your opinions!

Melissa

U

Unregistered

The husky/regent is safe on the outboard as well because of its large back it offers more protection that a flimsier seat with a small back.

scatterbunny

Okay, I understand. The Husky/Regent can be a bear in the middle of lots of vehicles.

Since you are talking about short trips and a seat for secondary vehicles, I'd say a booster in the middle (there must be both a lap and shoulderbelt, of course) is just fine.

U

Unregistered

There are lap/shoulder belts in the middle of both vehicles, so that is where I would put him. Assuming the booster fits in the spot! I am talking SHORT trips, like out to Walmart, which it maybe 3 miles. I do think a booster will be fine for trips like that, considering he only rides in other vehicles a few times a year and probably won't ride in another vehicle until summer. Thanks for all the help and opinions!

Melissa

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC