Britax vs. Recaro

Smiles365

Senior Community Member
I know a few of you have both Britax and Recaro seats and a gal I know on another message board is trying to decide which she wants to get for her dd (almost 4 yrs and 28 lbs, tiny). She was planning on a Britax (that's what she has now, not sure which one) but then she heard of Recaro and was wondering what others thought of them. I think she was looking at the Young Sport or the Regent, but as tiny as her girl is she will probably be 7 or 8 before she hits 40 lbs! So, if you guys could list your pros and cons for each seat so I can let her know. Wish I had a place where I could check out a Recaro IRL, maybe next time we are down in the lower 48. Thanks!

Sarah
CPST and mommy to Frank, still rearfacing in his Roundabout!

ADS

scatterbunny

For a child that weight at that age, I'd go with the Recaro Young Sport, no question about it. I just don't see her gaining enough weight to actually benefit from a higher weight limit harnessed seat like the Regent.

Do you know the girl's height, what her current seat is, and how much growing room, heightwise, she has in that seat?

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
We have Britax & Recaro :) Both are awesome!

We LOVED our Britax Wizard & Boulevard for the extended RF (see my preschooler below) - we got the Recaro Young Sport when my DD maxed out the RF weight limit, handed the Wizard down to her baby cousin & the Boulevard down to my preemie SD.

I say go with the Britax Marathon/Decathalon/Wizard/Boulevard if she's going to take advantage of the full use of the extended RF ability (love love love the built-in lock-offs & 1 hand harness height adjuster knob with head support of the Wizard/BLVD) ... by the time kiddo reaches 65 pounds she'd be ready for a dedicated booster.

However, if mom isn't not going to take advantage of the RF ability and/or she doesn't want to spend more $ on carseats in the future then she should go with the Recaro Young Sport because of it's harness height & it's an excellent booster!

HTH :)

Last edited:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC