Infants head falling forward in car seat

U

Unregistered

Hi,
I have the Gracco Dynamo Lite Travel System and my 3 month old has pretty good head control but when she falls alseep in the car seat her head falls forward. I have tried the seat in other cars and the same thing happens, the base also doesnt seem to be as tight and secure as it should be. The car seat has no head support for her, is there one that is safe that you reccomend? I dont want her head falling forward.
Thanks!

Shelly
Posted via Mobile Device

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Hi there.

How is your recline level looking? You can still have it in the 0+ month range if that's better for your child.

Wendy

CTPDMom

Ambassador - CPS Technician
Like Wendy, the recline indicator is the first thing I'd check. If it's not reclined enough, that can be easily corrected.

There are no head supports that keep the head from falling forward, that's not what they're designed to do. The recline is what prevents that.

Is the base feeling loose at the belt path? (The belt path is where the seatbelt or LATCH straps goes across the base.) If it's less than 1" of movement there, when feeling with a firm handshake with your non-dominant hand, that's good. It might very well move more when testing from other places, but it's the belt path that matters.

This may not be your seat, and yours might not have that red lockoff thing in the middle, but this will give you an idea of how to check for snugness at the belt path and show you how it can be correct but still have movement other places:

CarseatBlog: Graco SnugRide 35 LX Click Connect Installation - YouTube

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC