Ford 250 Super Duty Latch?

mburks26

If a Ford 250 Super Crew has Tethers it should be behind the seat like my 2003 Ford 150 Super Crew? I have to fold down the seat and then there are straps at the bottom. I know the year is either 2005-2007. Its a Super duty so its not required to have Latch or Tethers. My MIL are taking DD with them Labor day weekend and taking that truck so I was just wondering. They will be picking her up around 6 30 am so being prepared would be nice.

TIA

ADS

kmcenery

We were looking at the f450 today and we were told the f250, f350 and f450 are considered work trucks and dont come with latch. im not sure if thats what your asking but that was the info I was given today

mburks26

I know they are not required to have Latch but I read the online manual and it says something about Latch up to 48 lbs and tether up to 60lbs with harnessed seats. So Im confused why would they put that in the Manual if they dont have Latch or tethers for that truck?

Does any one have a 2005-2007 F 250 Ford can check to see if it does have at least Tethers?

bubbaray

Hmmm, not sure about the work trucks not having LATCH. We have had LATCH in a 2007 GM/Chev 2500 crew cabs and 2007 Dodge Ram 3500 Heavy Duty crew cab. Both had TTs that were fabric loops on the top of the rear seatbacks. We are in Canada, so TTs are mandatory, though.

I'd be surprised if GM and Dodge had TTs and Ford didn't. But, it could be a Canadian and not a US requirement.

Maybe your MIL could get her dealer to install TTs? Not sure how that would work in a truck.

Defrost

Moderator - CPSTI Emeritus
Trucks over a certain weight (aka "work trucks") are not required by law to have LATCH, but some manufacturers include it anyway.

My parents' F150 is an '05 or '06 (I forget) and has the loops at the top of the seat.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC