GN in a Mercury Sable?

Andie

Hello all,
I am thinking about buying new seats for my kids. I have a FP Futura for DS #1, 5 years, 43 lbs, not sure on height but he is even w/the top harness slots, so if he grows soon, he will be out of it. I have a Cosco Protek booster and a Graco CarGo, but I'd really like to keep him harnessed longer. I was thinking of buying the new Graco Nautilus when I get my taxes, putting my 5 year old in it for awhile until DS #2, (6 weeks, 9ish lbs-has been gaining 1/2lb a week, roughly) outgrows the RF limit on my Evenflo Tribute V and then moving DS#1 into a booster and DS#2 into the Nautilus. I'm not sure it will fit into my Sable w/room for a passenger though. Anyone know the measurements? Is this a good idea-or will the Nautilus expire too soon to make it a good deal? Anyother possibilites?

ADS

scatterbunny

The Nautilus is supposed to be about 19 inches wide, if I remember correctly, so about two inches wider than the Futura. Fitting another passenger with the Nautilus will be a tight fit, knowing how the Tribute and Futura fit currently (for those who don't know, I know Andie in person ;) ).

What about a Sunshine Kids Radian? I'm thinking you won't need the booster mode of the Nautilus, because let's say Colton outgrows the RF capabilities of the Tribute around age 2, that means the Nautilus would have four years of life left, Al would be 7, Colton could use it until 6, when it expired. Neither would get booster use out of it. So, a Radian could work better, even though the top slots are a bit shorter than the Nautilus, because it's super-narrow (narrowest on the market). I've got one in my possession right now, waiting on good weather so I can take it to the family who's getting it (it's a donation seat from the Kyle David Miller Foundation). If you wanted, you could stop by and we can try to install it in the middle of your Sable and see how Al fits.

HEVY

I have a Sable too it's a 96 and not so bad in the back. I used a Summit High Back Booster which is 20 inches at the base and used it in the middle. It was hard fitting a person on either side comfortably. However I was able to fit infant seats without the base (only for friends on short trips). The GN states it is 20 inches but a lot post here say it's 19. Maybe you could measure it next time at the store. I was not able to secure the Radian in my car but like I said it's a 96 and and it's difficult to fit many seats in it. I have tried the Radian, Apex, Regent and only the regent I could get a decent fit. I strongly suggest fitting whatever you choose before you decide. I also was concerned with passenger use but with the Regent the only one that fit it is more important my dd is safe. But suprisingly there was some room for passenger, I think it has to do with the shape of the seats.

TerisBoys

As far as height comparison - Ry's just below the top slots in his Futura (maybe 1/2"). He's right AT the second from the top slots on his new Nautilus.

As far as fit goes - the area where it hits the seat isn't much more than the Futura. I've got modular seating in my van (5 separate removable seats), and it only occupies the seat it's on (if that makes sense).

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC