Do you have a tech kit??

cdncasper

I just got my tech kit a few weekends ago and so glad I have it now, keeps everything organized. So do all the techs have one??? What do you have in it??

In mine I have:
--scale
--inspection forms
--about 6 pens
--envelope for finished inspection forms
--clipboard
--stuff for kids (pencils, temp. tattoos)
--pool noodles
--screwdriver
--mini flashlight
--duct tape
--scissors
--notepad
--carseat info sheets
--recall book
--mpi buisness cards
--hand sanitizer
--locking clips
--probably something else that I just can't remember

ADS

Starlight

Senior Community Member
I'm really hoping that the duct tape is for the pool noodles and not to tape the mouths of irritating parents who don't want to listen.

SusanMae

Senior Community Member
Did you think to pack some latex gloves to use for when cars are very icky?

One of the police officers in my class did that on a truck I was working with her. Now granted the truck was really groody...but what message does that send to the parent?

Susan

azgirl71

CPST Instructor
I have a wheeled bag with:
My training manual
LATCH manual
scale
recall lists
About 15 different fliers
check lists
business cards
stapler
measuring tape
growth charts
locking clips
1 belt shortening clip compliments of Ford
screwdriver
clear packing tape
scissors
pens
pencils
sticky notepads

I also have a rubbermaid tub with cut noodles (I cut then extra long)

azgirl71

CPST Instructor
Did you think to pack some latex gloves to use for when cars are very icky?

One of the police officers in my class did that on a truck I was working with her. Now granted the truck was really groody...but what message does that send to the parent?

Susan

Good idea!! I will get DH to bring me a box home!

Defrost

Moderator - CPSTI Emeritus
I'm really hoping that the duct tape is for the pool noodles and not to tape the mouths of irritating parents who don't want to listen.

Don't be silly! It's for taping up the cracks in carseats or to use in place of a missing splitter-plate! Also great for covering up seat belt buckles that keep getting undone by the passengers next to it. ;)

LuvBug

I only do checks at the checkup right now, and they have everything we need on hand. I might eventually put together a kit once I get a feeling of what I need on hand at all times. I do have a pull noodle in my trunk and a locking clip in my glove! lol!

cdncasper

I totally forgot about my measuring tape and the gloves are a good idea. My trunk also has uncut pool noodles, which the girls want to steal all the time.

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
Besides what's been stated:

Purell
Nail file
Band-aids
Neosporin

I ALWAYS manage to mangle my hands in some way.

I also have these two plastic triangles that came in a geometry set. One has a 30-degree angle, and the other 45. I haven't used them yet, but I figure they might come in handy for eyeballing recline.

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
So did you guys make your kits up yourself, buy it, or have it supplied by an organization?

When I do private checks I ask parents for info before hand and have them bring anything I think may be needed such as a towel the right size. I bring a clip board with me that has forms in it and a pen, and I have a little extra stuff in the little storage area in my truck's hatch. Nothing major though.

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
I don't have a scale or pool noodles. I really need some noodles, though only once have I had to use something and the parent had a towel in their car.

I have my LATCH book, forms, pens, business cards, pamphlets, my filled out forms.

I do mostly private checks, so I ask the weight of the child before we meet. I check their torso height against their current seat. Or if the child isn't present I teach the parents how to check. The only thing I wish I had was a pool noodle.

Wendy

azgirl71

CPST Instructor

Purell
Nail file
Band-aids
Neosporin

I also have these two plastic triangles that came in a geometry set. One has a 30-degree angle, and the other 45. I haven't used them yet, but I figure they might come in handy for eyeballing recline.

Oh I forgot. I do have bandaids, baby wipes and hand sanitizer in my bag also.

azgirl71

CPST Instructor
I don't have a scale or pool noodles. I really need some noodles, though only once have I had to use something and the parent had a towel in their car.

I have my LATCH book, forms, pens, business cards, pamphlets, my filled out forms.

I do mostly private checks, so I ask the weight of the child before we meet. I check their torso height against their current seat. Or if the child isn't present I teach the parents how to check. The only thing I wish I had was a pool noodle.

Wendy

Ihave had people tell me thier child weighed 39 lbs and when I get there it is obvous they do not. That particular child only weighed 33.5 lbs. I now always have a scale.

I bought all of my noodles at the Dollar Store. I paid $1 each. If you have any of them around you could check there for noodles.

cdncasper

Purell
Nail file
Band-aids
Neosporin

I have a little first aid kit also which I got from st.johns ambulance and I have a thing for angles but forgot about it, thanks for reminding me, I should find it.

So did you guys make your kits up yourself, buy it, or have it supplied by an organization?

I had the kit supplied by MPI (our insurance company) which is who I mostly do checks for and who the inspection sheets go to. I do buy my own pencils and such for the kids, and update the recall list when needed. I can buy the noodles when needed but I can also get them for free but need to usually wait a few days for that.

Jewels

Senior Community Member
I had the kit supplied by MPI (our insurance company) which is who I mostly do checks for and who the inspection sheets go to. I do buy my own pencils and such for the kids, and update the recall list when needed. I can buy the noodles when needed but I can also get them for free but need to usually wait a few days for that.

So if I call MPI, will they give me a kit? I don't usually do checks with them, do to distance but I still send all my forms into them.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC