Lost subscriptions

Qarin

My subscriptions folder seems to have been reset to early March- none of the threads I posted in (and subscribed to) since then show up any more. I just tried resubscribing to a thread and that worked, it's in my subscriptions list now.

This seems to have happened since yesterday.

ADS

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
My subscribed thread list seems to be intact. The server did restart about 2am last night, but there didn't seem to be any errors occurring prior. I assumed it was restarted by the provider. Anyone else lose subscribed threads?

Unfortunately, I would have no way to restore something like that without completely rolling back to an older backup which would affect everything:-( Sorry about that!

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
I am going to repair and optimize the database at the next downtime, but I suspect it is highly unlikely doing so would resolve this problem.

thekatie

My subscribed thread list seems to be intact. The server did restart about 2am last night, but there didn't seem to be any errors occurring prior. I assumed it was restarted by the provider. Anyone else lose subscribed threads?

My subscribed thread list is intact. I actually have been trying to figure out how to unsubscribe via mobile, and wouldn't mind losing some :p but they're all still there.

Admin

Admin - Webmaster
I have read that this could be a cookie related issue. I'm not clear if removing your forum cookie would fix it, or simply remove all your subscriptions. Something to try if you don't mind the risk of resetting date-related account information.

Qarin

I have read that this could be a cookie related issue. I'm not clear if removing your forum cookie would fix it, or simply remove all your subscriptions. Something to try if you don't mind the risk of resetting date-related account information.

Cookies are individual client/browser based, though- my lost subscriptions are just as lost from two computers, the mobile app on my phone, and the browser in my phone.

I deleted all car-seat.org cookies from the browser I am currently using, just to try, and there is no change.

I recall, this morning, that I did get some database errors two nights ago, late- most of the site would render but there were database error messages at the top. I didn't think much of it, and it went away a minute or two later... now I wish I'd paid more attention.

Oh, well. As long as it's not a site-wide issue, it's not a big deal.

Admin

Admin - Webmaster
Could well have been a glitch when the site went down for a few minutes and it affected something. Sorry about that!

Pixels

My subscriptions are intact through that time period.

To unsubscribe from the Android app, go into a thread and click the menu button. There is an option there to subscribe (if you aren't already, and sometimes even when you are :confused:) or unsubscribe.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC