Husky vs. Bodyguard SIP

maryg3542

Hi there-
Thanks for all your input. Am about to go and plunk down my money and buy one of the above. Does the Husky have side impact protection? If not, I imagine the benefit of the 5 point harness outweighs the SIP as per the videos I have seen. I drive a Ford Freestyle with side curtain airbags. My 2 year old is in a Roundabout and will move up into his sister's Wizard which does have SIP, when she moves into the Husky or Bodyguard. They both ride outboard currently.

ADS

Tara

The Husky has some nice 'wings' on it. That's all I can tell ya. Certainly someone else has more specific info to offer.
How old is the elder, moving into the Husky or BG?

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
I would also guess that most seats with a 5-point harness offer greater protection from side impacts than boosters with SIP wings. Just the additional upper body and lateral restraint provided by the harness should help, especially if there is a forward component to the movement in a side impact.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I'm always wondering this myself... My kids are in Parkways in our Escape with curtain airbags, and in Huskies in our no-curtain-airbagged Odyssey...I never quite know if that's 'the best' but one thing's for sure: I have to remind them a LOT MORE to "sit back! sit up! sit still! stop hitting your sister!" in the Parkways, that's for sure! Life is just more peaceful when they are fully restrained than when they have the freedom of a booster. And, guess what? They are 8 and 6... :eek:

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
joolsplus2 said:
I'm always wondering this myself... My kids are in Parkways in our Escape with curtain airbags, and in Huskies in our no-curtain-airbagged Odyssey...I never quite know if that's 'the best' but one thing's for sure: I have to remind them a LOT MORE to "sit back! sit up! sit still! stop hitting your sister!" in the Parkways, that's for sure! Life is just more peaceful when they are fully restrained than when they have the freedom of a booster. And, guess what? They are 8 and 6... :eek:

I hear that. I was going to move DD into a booster, but she's gonna be in the Futura for at least another year. DS is 7 and not particularly squirmy, but he did better in a 5-point also.

scatterbunny

Yup, Julie--I agree. Hayley's been in a Parkway for about a month, full-time, and while she's a really great booster rider, for a 4 year old, I do have to remind her to sit back quite often, especially lately. Or she'll slouch to the side. In her Husky we never had to worry about that. That issue, coupled with the fact that she could buckle herself into the Husky (can't in the Parkway), is making me want to get another harnessed seat ASAP!

So, for me, wanting to keep my dd in a five point harness has as much to do with safety as it does with convenience.

uccomama

Senior Community Member
Another ditto post.

My 5.5 was riding in the booster as pictured below for three weeks. It was an extremely stressful three weeks too! He is actually pretty good in boosters and has been using them ocassionally for about 18 months, but having two in boosters in the back of my car was more than I could take. It made it much easier for him to lean over and snatch something from DD, or give her a snide kick. Thankfully he is now back in a 5pt harness and the only person he is kicking now is me in the back. :( The Recaro Young Sport will be taking a brake for a couple of years or until he outgrows the five point harnessed seat he is in.

maryg3542

Thanks for all your input! My daughter is 4yr. 4 mon. Looks like it will be a Husky for her permanent seat, with a Parkway for the occasional carpool when I can't be there to install her seat.

scatterbunny

I think it's a great choice. :) My dd is also 4y4mo, and the Parkway does fit her very well, is very cushy, and very easy for other people to figure out, so it is a wonderful choice for carpooling.

And I really don't think it's possible to go wrong with a Husky/Regent, as long as the child isn't teeny-tiny.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC