2003 Dodge Neon RF tether question

R

Rhaine86

I've got a Britax Boulevard and a Marathon and am wondering if there are anchor points in my Neon for the top tether to attach to when the seat is rear facing????

Anyone know? The only thing I see in the manual is a brief description of LATCH...

ADS

crunchierthanthou

The rf tether is a bit different than ff and few vehicles have dedicated rf tether anchors. Instead, you use the tether connector strap (aka, d-ring) that should have come attached to your tether hook. There are instructions in your manual, but basically you wrap it around something metal, immovable, and anchored to the frame of the vehicle. Front seat legs work great. The tether should angle forward toward the front of the car rather than straight down or back and shouldn't be so tight that it affects the recline angle- just taut so there is no slack.

SPJ&E

My partner has a 4-door 2003 Neon and we RF tether to the front seat legs. You should be able to wrap the D-ring around it and be completely behind the seat track (so you can still slide the front seat when needed).

Here's a picture that should help...this is in the Neon
DSCN4876.jpg

And this one is fuzzy and dark, but if you look closely you can kind of see the top tether going toward the front/floor of the vehicle (also the Neon)
DSCN4870.jpg

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC