Question Radian seat belt install help

adamsmommy

Is there any easier ways to feed the seat belt through the back? Dh and I both got our hands stuck trying to install it. We did get it tight once we got the belt through. We had to take the seat out again due to a pee accident and am wondering before we install again.

ADS

Pixels

What works for me (small hands) is to put the seatbelt buckle uder just the tips of my fingers, and then put both hands through the belt path, one from each side. I can then pass the buckle from one hand to the other.

What if you turned the Radian on its side, and holding the seatbelt so that it doesn't retract, let gravity do the work? Maybe with a little jiggling in case the buckle gets hung up. Once it's through, you can grab the buckle and set the Radian upright.

featherhead

Actually, there are slits in the cover for this purpose. You can pull the belt through to the front of the cover, then feed it behind the cover, and then out the other side. It's MUCH easier if you use those slits (they are closed with velcro).

featherhead

Yes, it still goes between the cover and the seat, through the belt path. I think it shows how to do it in the instruction manual.

adamsmommy

Oh.my.gosh. How in the world did we miss that!! We scraped the crap out of our hands and this is so much easier!! Thanks!!

Now I just wish I could get my new pretty pink Radian installed in rf'ing in my Aspen.:(

adamsmommy

what problems are you having? Which seating position and are you using LATCH?

It touches the driver seat too much. I guess I should not have said installing issues. Sorry about that. Rf'ing, it is just too tall. I tried moving the seat up and driving like that, but couldn't stand it. Ds refused to switch sides, so we will just use the Marathon until she goes ff'ing.

adamsmommy

Oh, and there is no middle or I would do that. Just the captian chairs. I tried to get ds to even move to the third row, but it is a no go.

Kat_Momof3

try two things.

1. recline the captain's chair while installing... pop it up after... it will put the seat further into the crack and make it take up less space

if that doesn't work

2. when you install the seat, pull the bottom of the radian a little further back from the crack so that it will install more upright.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC