Britax Companion

M

momofgirls

Britax Companion

I am looking for an infant carrier for my third child (due next month). I absolutely love my Roundabout and Advantage that I have my two older kids in (3 1/2 and 23 months) so I am partial to Britax. I have looked at the Handle with Care, but am a bit concerned with the size since I tend to have big babies. I am also concerned with having to install it each time I put the baby in the car (especially with two other kids to get strapped in).

I looked on the Britax site and saw the Companion listed as coming soon, but there are not many details. Has anyone seen or used this seat? I know that it has a separate base and stabilizer bar and goes to 22 pounds (instead of 20lbs with the Handle with Care), but don't know too much more. Does it have a pull strap to adjust the harness straps like the Roundabout or even the Graco carrier? Does it use a tether?

Any help, or opinions would be appreciated.

Thanks!

-- Andrea

ADS
C

CPSDarren

Re: Britax Companion

It looks like a great seat. I'm not sure if it is even available yet, as I haven't seen one in the local stores. Unfortunately, I don't have any information other than what you found on their website. Since it does have an anti-rebound bar, it is possible that it will not have a tether like the HWC. If I hear anything, I will post it ASAP.

If your vehicle has LATCH, the Baby Trend LATCH-LOC is a great option, too. See my review:

www.epinions.com/content_81686269572

Darren

M

momofgirls

thanks!!...one more question

I really appreciate your quick response and the good information on the Baby Trend LATCH-LOC. Unfortunately, I have a 97 Town and Country which doesn't have a LATCH system. If I can't wait for the Companion, would you recommend the Graco carrier or should I explore other options?

Thanks for your help!

-- andrea

C

CPSDarren

It is mostly personal preference-

Each model seems to have its own features and quirks which appeal (or not) to individual parents. We used a Century Smartfit

I do know the pediatric nurses in our program like the Graco Snugride models with the front adjuster, as it tends to be easy for parents to learn and fits small newborns fairly well, too.

Any of the current models will be very safe!

Darren

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC