How tall is your 3 year old?

From bottom to neck? I have to set up my Recaro carseat for my 3 year old niece but not sure what setting to put it on. She is average to small 3 year old. But a rough guide will help.

TIA

ADS

skipspin

The RYS? I would say the middle slots would be the best bet. My DD is 3.5 and is right between the bottom and center slots. Shes not tall, but does have a longish torso.

Also, it's pretty easy/fast to adjust if you needed to.

Sorry, I should have said, it is the Recaro Start.
NZ has only recently (jan) got the new line of Recaro seats.
I need to move the back notches up so her shoulders are below the ears.
It is a brand new seat (RRP $989 NZ) We have to look after her for the night early March when we get back from Aus.

I thought to put her in the AHR (like Britax MA I believe, with adjustable head rest, harness until 18kg (40 lb)) but not sure how much she weighs and partners car does not have a tether bolt fitted.
So my only real choice is the recaro if i can get the adjustments right or a cheaper seat that I was donated but I would prefer the recaro. It's far more superior and matches the seats in the car! :)

NZ Child Restraints here:

Yes its the booster model no internal harness. (They have only just come out here and I have had my Recaro for about 4 months now).

I find it difficult to install and thought if i have it set up as close as possible and then folded and in the boot until we pick her up it will be good.
Her mother has her in a polystyrene seat which i will refuse to use.

Just thought it was a good idea. I may have to find a height curve somewhere.

scatterbunny

It's so hard to say--all kids are so different. Is she tall, or little? You say both. Is she really tall for her age, or does she appear tall because she is so skinny? Is she long-torsoed or short-torsoed? Kids of the exact same height overall can fit the same seat differently because one can be long-torsoed and one can be short-torsoed.

My dd had a torso height of 14.5 inches at 2.5 years old and 38 inches tall (very tall for that age; she would have fit in most boosters on the lowest setting at that age and height). At 3.5 years old and about 42 inches tall she had a torso height of about 16 inches. Most of dd's friends did not reach 42 inches tall until 4.5-5.5 years old.

It's so hard to say--all kids are so different. Is she tall, or little? You say both. Is she really tall for her age, or does she appear tall because she is so skinny? Is she long-torsoed or short-torsoed? Kids of the exact same height overall can fit the same seat differently because one can be long-torsoed and one can be short-torsoed.

My dd had a torso height of 14.5 inches at 2.5 years old and 38 inches tall (very tall for that age; she would have fit in most boosters on the lowest setting at that age and height). At 3.5 years old and about 42 inches tall she had a torso height of about 16 inches. Most of dd's friends did not reach 42 inches tall until 4.5-5.5 years old.

Hey she is prob. tall as she is also very skinny. I just want to be able to set the seat to an approx height for her as then i can just pop it up one or down one. At the moment it would fit prob a 1 year old so need to move it up.
I am thinking i will arrange it at about 16-18"

BudgieStew

My almost three year old(next month) has a torso height of 15 inches.
He is avg. height and weight for a kid his age. 37 inches and 30 lbs.
HTH

Had the muchkin this weekend and she had the seat at 16" so a rather tall mite. She said the seat (recaro start) was comfortable so that has to be good. :)

Ha avuto il muchkin questa fine settimana ed ha avuta la sede a 16"così un acaro piuttosto alto. Ha detto che la sede (inizio di recaro) stava bene in moda da dovere essere buono.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC