2010 Toyota Corolla three across?

Sed

Hello,

Our third child is on the way. I currently have a 2.5 year old FF in a safety first comets air 70. And an 11 month old RF in a Chico key fit 30 with base; once she turns 12 months we are graduating her to another safety first complete air 70 (already have it). By the time the third baby is here, my oldest will be 3 and my youngest will be almost 2.

I have a 2010 Corolla S. Any chance that I will be able to utilize the three car seats that I currently have?

ADS

Keeanh

I notice these are the same seats from your other post. Are you planning to move the seats back & forth? How often do you use each vehicle? It might be better to have a set of seats in each vehicle if you use them equally.

I have no experience with the Corolla, but I know it's on the narrow side. Try your seats out with all seatbelt installs. I'll message someone who might know more about your vehicle.

Sed

Hello,

I was going to use the car seats I currently own in only one vehicle, if they fit. As you know, we also own a 2012 Toyota Tundra Double Cab; sounds like the car seats we have will fit in the Tundra no problem.

We have two bases for the KeyFit 30, so at a minimum I will still have to buy two more seats. I was just hoping to avoid purchasing four :)

I would like to stick to the $180 or less range if possible, so I was going to buy two more of the SafetyFirst if they would work for both cars.

Thinking further down the road, will 3 SafetyFirsts fit three across in either vehicle?

THANK YOU! I appreciate all of your help!

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
To make this work, I think you're going to need at least one significantly narrower seat. The S in particular can be difficult because of the rear seat shape, too. What are your kids' weights and seated torso heights (bum to shoulder?)

Sed

2.5 yr old is almost 27 lbs. The 11 month old is a little over 21 pounds. I will have to get back to you on torso measurements.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC