feet up while FF??

• Thread starter Unregistered Audrey
  • Start date
U

Unregistered Audrey

My DS Nate- who (I just measured him) is now a whopping 44" tall and 40 lbs (hrmph, at least his weight has caught up to his height) at 4 y, 7 m - was RF for so long that he's used to crossing his legs in his seat. He didn't like to put his feet on the seat back, or dangle his legs over the side of the seat unless it was for long trips (more than 2 hours) and I guess if I had 4 y/o knees, sitting with my legs crossed might still be comfy.

He's now FF, but he's still crossing his legs when he rides in the car seat. I guess I've not been too worried about it, but is this something I should get him to stop? In the Husky, he seems to have enough room to actually cross his legs, but in the Decathalon - I'm not seeing the same room there! In DH's car or my SUV - there is enough room for his feet behind the seat. In my car (which he's seldom in), there really isn't enough room for his feet to go anywhere other than in his lap.

Thanks for any help!

ADS

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
My son crosses his legs frequently in his Husky, and my dd rests her feet on the front of the vehicle seat cushion in her Marathon...

Anywho..I'm not worried about the leg crossing at all...everything really just flies in the direction of the crash, anyway, and as Physical Therapists tell me, Bent Legs Don't Break.

My son is 7.5 though, and his legs are long enough to actually reach a small, cheap, light, plastic step stool I leave on the floor of the car, so he can rest his a little more comfortably when he's in a booster or his Husky (I mostly got it for the booster, since he can't cross his legs in that, and he was putting them up on the vehicle seat cushion and his bum was sliding forward and the belt was up on his belly and his knees were in front of his face...I thought, This can't be good! And fortunately his legs are long enough to reach that little stepstool now.

U

Unregistered

feet up?

My 7 year old likes to sit in her Husky with her feet on the seat in front of her (the top). I think she is doing this (because she can!) and because her rf sister can put her feet up on the seat back she faces. They can play footsies! I've wondered how safe that is. She seems to be sitting properly in the Husky and she is snugly harnessed. Both girls are very flexible. What do you all think about that? ( I think I'd feel much better about cross legged!)
C.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC