5 point harness for more than 40 lbs?

M

mvaughan

5 point harness for more than 40 lbs?

I would like to purchase a booster seat for my child in which I can latch into the middle back seat of my van and be able to use the harness system. Is there such a product available?

ADS
M

murphydog77

Re: 5 point harness for more than 40 lbs?

There are many more seats to choose from now than just a year ago for bigger kids, in different categories.

In the convertible category (can use rear-facing for baby, then forward-facing for toddler), there's the Britax Marathon. For a forward-facing child, the weight limit is 65 lbs. There's been some discussion of the Marathon here lately, so you may want to browse through some other topics.

In the combination seat category (can use with a harness, then convert to a belt positioning booster), there's the Safety Baby Airway. The weight limit on the harness is 50 lbs., then it can be used to 80 lbs. as a booster, I believe. I've heard that it's difficult to install with a lap-only seat belt belt and the buckle is fairly high up on the child's abdomen.

In the forward-facing only category, there's the Britax Super Elite/Husky. The Husky replaces the SE, so you may be able to find a good deal on the SE. The harness can be used to 80 lbs., but this seat does not convert to a booster. Also, it must be tethered after the child reaches 50 lbs., with tethering suggested for a child under 50 lbs. The seat is huge and you may need a seat belt extender for your vehicle to install it.

Heather

U

UlrikeDG

Unless your vehicle manual or manufacturer states otherwise

you can only use the LATCH anchors until your child weighs 48 lb.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC