We decided on The CoscoSummit High Back Booster

B

bookwormz

We decided on The CoscoSummit High Back Booster

She absolutely loves it and so do I. It is very comfy, has many safety features, and it only cost around $100. Thanks for any feedback you guys gave me. I thuoght this review might help some other parent.

ADS
U

UlrikeDG

Just one more thing to keep in mind...

The very top setting on the seat CANNOT be used with the harness--it is for booster use only. The harness slots on the Summit are significantly lower than the slots on many other booster combo seats (like the Century Next Step, Evenflo Apollo or Express, and Graco Cherished Cargo, to name a few; the difference is a significant 3-5"!). If your daughter is petit, this may not be an issue, but most "average" sized children will not be able to use the Summit to its maximum weight limit, either for the harness or for the booster. If you like the seat, it's not unsafe. I just don't want you to get a year or two down the line and realize that it's not the bargain you thought it was.

C

Caviller

Congrats on your new carseat!

I'm glad she likes it. A good fit with the child and your vehicle is very important. If you have any more questions about installation or anything, please visit us again!

B

bookwormz

Re: We decided on The CoscoSummit High Back Booster

This seat is working out extremely well for us. Thanks to all of you and the advice and many threads there were to read. I would recoment this seat to anyone. I did read the instructions well and do realize that the top setting is only for the booster seat, however, my dd is 4 and all still under the weight for the carseat setting. She is by no means a petite child but still fits nicely in to the carseat setting and when she is taller and heavier I will use the booster seat setting. Even if she only uses the seat for 2 years $100 is a bargain for a comfortable safe seat in my opinion.

E

Engineer

Cosco Summit Tether is a joke.

I just bought a Cosco Summit.
The seat itself is adequate, better than some, but I'm not very impressed overall. It has some good ideas, but were not implemented well in the design. Such as the poor cupholder, no storage pouch, totally unusable headrest, shoulder straps too low. Makes you wonder what kind of baby they were using to model their ergonomics.
But the single worst safety "feature" is the tether. It came with a tether (good), but the tether is a joke (bad). It consists of one belt, a snap hook, and two metal "buckles".
There is no good, safe way to tighten the strap, sufficiently and ensure that it stays tight. Granted having any tether is still better than no tether at all (almost). All belts and tethers must be TIGHT to reduce whiplash in the case of a front end collision.
I used to have a Century Accel SE. It came with a real tether and anchor hardware included. Excellent design, easy to use, easy to tighten, stays tight!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC