News OFFICIAL Car-Seat.org window decals now available!

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
I've had sticky decals on the outside of my van since I got it years ago. Never had an issue with them peeling and we get lots of temperature variations, rain, ice, salt. No probs with automatic washes either. The other plus of being outside is that you don't have the window tint dulling them. I wouldn't put them on paint, but no worries at all on glass.

ADS

MySillyKids

The other plus of being outside is that you don't have the window tint dulling them.

But you run the risk of not allowing the tint to 'age' with the rest of the tint, thus leaving the outline of the sticker IN the tint, long after the sticker is gone.

that sticker is neat, but too big for my taste. I'd put a uber small 'car-seat.org' sticker on my van.

murphydog77

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
But you run the risk of not allowing the tint to 'age' with the rest of the tint, thus leaving the outline of the sticker IN the tint, long after the sticker is gone.

that sticker is neat, but too big for my taste. I'd put a uber small 'car-seat.org' sticker on my van.

I never thought of that, but that's the next guy's problem :p. There's enough space on my back window that I can put them low enough so that it won't make a difference--there's kind of an "empty" area where i doubt anyone would notice fading. Besides, I *love* my Shellebelle tech sticker. It's held up for years and is quite sophisticated :).

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
The size is nice and the sticker is uber cute! But these go on the OUTSIDE of the window? I've honestly never heard of that. :confused: The factory tint in my windows is quite dark so a typical inside decal wouldn't likely be noticed anyway, so outside would alleviate that issue. :thumbsup: But, I would like it on the rear driver's window where DD sits and I'd be afraid that if any edge of the sticker lifted at all that it would unpeel in the window track when the window went up and down. So, rear window would solve that and then people driving behind would see it. :thumbsup: But wouldn't it get scraped off in the winter when we scrape windows in our weather? Our scraper is like a dull metal blade so I'd think it would lift the decal right off?

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
The size is nice and the sticker is uber cute! But these go on the OUTSIDE of the window? I've honestly never heard of that. :confused: The factory tint in my windows is quite dark so a typical inside decal wouldn't likely be noticed anyway, so outside would alleviate that issue. :thumbsup: But, I would like it on the rear driver's window where DD sits and I'd be afraid that if any edge of the sticker lifted at all that it would unpeel in the window track when the window went up and down. So, rear window would solve that and then people driving behind would see it. :thumbsup: But wouldn't it get scraped off in the winter when we scrape windows in our weather? Our scraper is like a dull metal blade so I'd think it would lift the decal right off?

I'm really amazed that people haven't noticed (or you don't have in canada?) this quick spreading virus of stick figure families and dead relative memorials and marketing materials on window decals... I can't pass 3 cars without seeing them here :eek:
It takes a fairly large/concerted effort to scrape these things off, way more than you'd be putting into snow removal (but then, I live where we only need plastic snow scrapers, lol, nothing like what you deal with).

TechnoGranola

Forum Ambassador
I'm really amazed that people haven't noticed (or you don't have in canada?) this quick spreading virus of stick figure families and dead relative memorials and marketing materials on window decals... I can't pass 3 cars without seeing them here :eek:
It takes a fairly large/concerted effort to scrape these things off, way more than you'd be putting into snow removal (but then, I live where we only need plastic snow scrapers, lol, nothing like what you deal with).
Can't see I've seen any around here. Teens often have stickers on their windows advertising some trendy ski/surf/skate wear and those stickers are usually all wrecked up because they aren't intended for use on a vehicle. The advertising I've seen is on company owned vehicles and it's on the vehicle doors or the windows like this idea http://www.vuethru.com/Images/VueThru/BWAExample.gif

Maybe it's elsewhere in Canada and we just haven't got caught up, my province is a little slow on the uptake of trends. ;)

We park in the garage at home but at work the vehicle is left out all day, so in the winter there is frost to scrape or if it's extra sucky outside and it's been sleeting all day, you might have to scrap off a layer of ice. I'm going to check out my rear window today because maybe I have a spot low enough that I could ignore scraping in the winter.

shellebelle

Senior Community Member
Alright, so this ERF decal...

Do you guys want it to have an "educational" message or a "simple" message? i.e. the simple one would be something like "Rear Facing and Loving It!" and the educational one would convey some sort of information about the benefits of ERF. Say, oh, "I'm safest looking at you!".

Now, here's the catch :) I have to hand-weed these decals and working around lettering is quite difficult. Whatever message the majority would like to convey will need to be short and sweet.

There might be a free decal for s/he who comes up with the most popular (and short!) slogan... ;)

Start throwing out some ideas!

monstah

Thanks!

clickable:

ETA: I really hope the RF decal is also silver & small enough to fit just beside the c-s.org decal on my car. :whistle:

Last edited:

Cryssy Jane

Any chance of making some ERF decals that say 'the kids in this car' rather than 'my...' I'd love to get some but um they aren't my kids. I do like the tech one though. Might have to get one when I have some monies.

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
How the heck did I miss this thread? I am going to have to get one once I get money. Wish there were more RFers in the windows though. :whistle:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC