LATCH Avail Update

J

jbf

LATCH Avail Update

Anyone have any new news concerning the availability of LATCH compatible seats?

Century/Graco Operators have no info. I have read the LATCH article on this site, but am still wondering if any exact avail dates/more models have been released?

My husband is tired of me swapping our convertible seat between our two cars (my baby won't be 1 until September) as well as the booster seat.

Our local Babies R Us only has the retro fits and I do not feel comfortable using/I also don't think they are compatible - I have lots of gift card $$ tied up there so I do not want to have to go elsewhere.

ADS
R

Robert

Re: LATCH Avail Update

It might be a few months yet before we see child seats with latch on the shelves. Until then the retro fit kits are just as safe and have undergone testing. I have installed a few retrofit kits (on the proper seats) and most seem to work well. You mentioned you have read the latch section but I have included that section anyways for you.
www.car-safety.org/latch.html

K

kevin

LATCH Avail Update

The Britax site now has pages for their new LATCH models. Click on the What's New link in the home page.

There is still no word on when they will be in stores... Calling them doesn't help, believe me...

Here are direct links, for some reason the What's new wasn't working tonight...

Roundabout with LATCH www.childseat.com/whats_n...?wne_id=24

Marathon
www.childseat.com/whats_n...?wne_id=28

The Wizard
www.childseat.com/whats_n...?wne_id=32

The Galaxy
www.childseat.com/whats_n...?wne_id=33

U

UlrikeDG

You should keep your baby rear facing beyond his first birth

You should keep your baby rear facing beyond his/her first birthday, if at all possible.

A rear facing seat provides much better protection than a front facing one. Your baby should rear face until he/she is at least one year old and weighs at LEAST 20 lb. However, my 29 lb two year old is still rear facing. I will turn her front facing when she weighs 30 lb (that is the rear facing weight limit of her seat) or when there is less than 1" of seat above her head, which ever comes first.

You may be able to get some answers about when LATCH seats will be in stores by calling the manufacturers of the seats you are interested in.

Britax 1-888-4-BRITAX
Century 1-800-837-4044
Evenflo 1-800-233-5921
Graco 1-800-345-4109

Even though Graco doesn't have a convertible seat out right now, they will be releasing a LATCH compatible one soon, and from what I've heard, it has a lot of potential. They're also releasing a new booster, which converts from a high backed booster to a backless booster. Also, Graco and Century are the same company, so you may be able to find out about both products by calling only one number. I'm not positive that is the case, though.

HTH

C

carsafety

Update-

I will be updating our LATCH information page this week with some additional details:

www.car-safety.org/latch.html

Some should start appearing on shelves by July. Keep in mind that most "new" LATCH models will simply be old models with a LATCH retrofit kit that is attached by tabs or some other method to keep in place. Functionally, most will be little different from current models plus the appropriate LATCH kit.

K

kevinaylward

Re: LATCH Avail Update

The Evenflo Triumph 5 LATCH version hit our local Babies R Us yesterday for $119. Here is a description (Although it doesn't mention LATCH):

www.evenflo.com/ep/on_go/...h.phtml?nf

It's basically the same as the non LATCH version, but you don't need to buy a $25 for LATCH retrofit kit. The price is exactly the same as the non LATCH version.

Given that the Britax are potentially many months away, we bought two of these. With twins discount (20%) we paid $225 for two seats, less than the price of one RA.

Kevin

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC