Cocorro Installation: Question about Euro Routing

Nedra

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
If the baseless install (with Euro routing) on my Aton 2 takes up pretty much all of the seatbelt in a particular seating position (as in, the process of pulling the belt around the back of the seat pulled it all the way out and locked it, but there were a few clicks into the retractor as I tightened it), does that mean that there's pretty much no hope that a Cocorro could fit in that same position with Euro routing?

Also, I'm just curious in general . . .

I hear a lot of love/hate on the Cocorro -- specifically that it can be really difficult or even impossible to install. Why is that? I think one of the things that appeals to me about it is that the install looks pretty much identical to the baseless install on my infant seat, which I'm very comfortable with. Is it harder to do this with the Cocorro because of the size of the seat? Or is it difficult for some other reason?

Thanks!

ADS

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
If you had a few clicks you may or may not be able to do it. It's a bit taller.

The main issue installation wise is that not every install method works in every vehicle and in some the Euro routing won't work but the shape of the vehicle seat causes it to tip up a lot. In a few vehicles it tips even with Euro routing.

I've put it in a lot of cars and had difficulties only in two.

rachelandtyke

I found it depended on the shape of the seat. In my captain's chairs, I felt it was too tippy. In my 3rd row, I could get a great, easy install.

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
It's definitely a shape of seat thing. In my Pilot, the outboard seats are more contoured/concave. The handful of times I installed there it was snug and all was happy. But the center is flatter - almost a bit convex - and I hated the install. And of course the center is where I needed it. I used it because my choices were essentially nil but I sold it as soon as I could.

Overall, I wasn't a fan, which made me sad, as its sosososo cute. Interestingly enough, though, I'd purchase another if I knew I was going to fly a few times in my child's first couple years of life. But not for everyday use.

abigaylebelle

What car is it? I haven't had any problems installing the cco with euro routing even though it takes most of my seatbelt.
Posted via Mobile Device

Nedra

Car-Seat.org Ambassador
What car is it? I haven't had any problems installing the cco with euro routing even though it takes most of my seatbelt. Posted via Mobile Device

This would be in the center position of a 2010 Subaru Impreza hatchback. Seatbelt comes from the ceiling -- kind of over by the passenger side.

meljc

I hate installing it with the ceiling mounted belt of my CR-V. I have honestly never gotten Euro to work nicely -- if I don't like, it's not secure enough; if I do lock, it gets more and more upright anytime it gets bumped. With LATCH it's very easy, but of course that may not be an option for you since it's the middle seat.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC