Question 2013 Dodge Grand Caravan

U

Unregistered

A friend of mine and I are having a similar problem. We both own Grand Caravans (hers is older than mine). This vehicle has only one top tether anchor in the 3rd row of seating, making it so only one FF seat can be put in the 3rd row (unless a booster seat is one of the seats, which is not the case for us). This seems to be a general problem with the Grand Caravan. Our children are 4 and 2. We are both pregnant with our 3rd and want to be able to put the two older children in the 3rd row FF once the baby comes. As of right now, the only option I know for sure would be to put one big kid in the back and leave both bucket seats up (which is not what I want. I want to put one of the buckets into the floor to facilitate getting in and out for the one in the back and I don't want to leave the one in the back sitting by herself). What options do we have that will allow us to put 2 FF tethered seats in the back row? I read something about some hardware you can order and have installed to add a second anchor, but don't know all the details about that options. What options do we have? Our current car seats do require a top tether. TIA

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
There are no options in a 2013 Caravan.

Is your two year old small enough to rear face? Then you could put the two older in the back and the baby on a captain's chair.

Otherwise, you could put the baby in the back with the older child, then the two year old in the third row.

Or, two kids in the second and one in the third.

Wendy

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC