4kids-4door full size turck

M

mondcx

4kids-4door full size turck

I have 3 children 7yrs, 4.5 yrs and a 19month old. We have one family truck. My husband works for on and four off. So we do a lot as a family. My children fit fine in our truck even with the carseats. My problem comes now that I am babysitting my brothers baby. We can not turn off the airbag in the front because we have a full seat in the back of our truck. I don't know what to do when we are all going somewhere. Should I put my 7yr 62 lb son in the front middle seat (it's just a lap belt) or should I put the baby in the infantcarrier in the front middle seat? I was unsure if the airbags on the two sides effected the middle.

ADS
U

UlrikeDG

The only seat you can put in the front lap-only belt

Is the front facing harnessed seat. You cannot *ever* put a rear facing seat in front of an active airbag. You cannot use a booster in a lap-only belt (and the 7 year old should still be in a booster with a lap/shoulder belt). If the 4.5 year old is still under 40 lb, I'd put that one in the front in a harnessed seat (if over 40 lb, that child needs to be in a booster with lap/shoulder belt). Otherwise, the 19 month old is the only one who can go there (front facing, even if he/she rides rear facing in the back). Move the front seat as far back as it will go.

If the 4.5 year old weighs more than 40 lb, you could look into alternatives to a booster. These include the Fisher Price Futura (discontinued, and hard to find) with a 60 lb weight limit, the Britax Super Elite (80 lb weight limit, but probably too big to fit between 2 adults like that, $200 and widely available), and the Britax Laptop (very different from a traditional car seat, but light and easy to use; runs under $60 and widely available). Check the thread "6 yr old, 45 lbs., no shoulder belt" ( pub59.ezboard.com/fcarsaf...=284.topic ) for more detail on those 3 options.

R

Robert

Additional information required

We need you to provide us with the weights and type of child seats you are using for each child and what type of belts you have in all the positions of the vehicle.
Thanks

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC