Nautiuls DOM 1/09/2008 Expiration

DiaSmall

Expires Dec. 2013.

Just thought I would post that, not sure i got it in the right spot though! This Graco seat expires in December 6yrs from the year it was manufactured... but so far all the seats 2007 & 2008 DOM's are still stamped Dec. 2013. :confused:

For a long time I was posting that a 2007 seat expired Dec. 2013 but a 2008 seat expired Dec. 2014. I thought that was the rule for graco seats.

Now I have to come back to say that I was wrong... I just bought my second GN today... DOM 1/09/2008 and the shell is still stamped Dec. 2013. :rolleyes:

I thought I was so lucky to finally find a 2008 DOM that I snatched it up... :) Installed it in the WM Parking lot! :p Thats when I saw the expiration was the same.... Oh well...

I love them as a harnessed seat but I've already decided that I'll only use them as a booster in DH car... since the boys never seem to ride w/ dh.
I'm just not loving the idea of such a heavy unlatched booster.

In 4-5yrs I dont mind buying another seat... I figure they'll stain the cover and spill stuff all over them anyways... I'll deinatly want new ones by then. :eek:

ADS

mburks26

if you get a 2008 and its stamped 2013 its only 5 yrs since you know that they are good for 6 yrs and they expire Dec 31 of that 6th yr would it be ok to use it til Dec 31 2014?
Reason for asking if I get one that expires 2013 I would still need to purchase another high back booster (another $100 plus) as dd would only be 8 I get one that expires Dec 31 2014 she will be 9.5 I would feel better with low back then. KWIM

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
A seat made in Jan. 2008 and expiring Dec. 2013 is still nearly 6 full calendar years of potential use when you count the rest of 2008, and all of 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013. That's 6 full years minus a month. Graco must be waiting to switch the expiration stamp until it's further into the 2008 calendar year, rather than push the expiration envelope much more beyond 6 years. :twocents: Or as Jools suggested, Graco has the same confusion that Evenflo apparently has with expiration date markings. :whistle:

DiaSmall

Yeah its 5yrs and 11mo of calander life from the date of the seat... since its already feburay i lost 2 months... so 5yrs 10 months left till Dec 2013.
Bradley just turned 2 & will be 7yrs and 10mo when it expires... thats a great age to move to a booster... even if he hasnt outgrown the harness.
Based on his growth I figure he'll ourgrow the harness before 7yr10mo anyways so I get all the use I want out of my 150$!

Seriously, dh is right... by then some other amazing seat will have come out that I will just HAVE to have... :)

mamaofthree

Hmmm, strange. Has anyone emailed Graco to ask? I'm curious whether it is a mistake or not. I'm wanting a Galaxy from BRU, wonder when those will expire?

Kimberly

Mae

I don't see how this carseat can "be used from age one to age ten!!" if it expires after 6 years...? :scratcheshead:

Defrost

Moderator - CPSTI Emeritus
I don't see how this carseat can "be used from age one to age ten!!" if it expires after 6 years...? :scratcheshead:

You can... if you have more than one kid. See, my 6 year old could use it for four years, and by then my baby would be over a year old and could use it for a couple of years... if I had kids those ages, of course.

I think the folks who designed the "last carseat you'll ever need" over at Cosco helped out with Graco's advertising.

Mae

lol I'm thinking so too. I think there should be a law made saying that if you EVER come to a problem with your cs that you should be refunded.. depending on the issue (cough cough) AO (cough cough) lol;)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC