Combi coccoro 1" rule question

kkcoconut

Is it true that combi doesn't have the 1" rule and that as long as the child is at or below the top harness slot they can continue to ride RFing? I read that from combi on their Facebook and I can't find anything about the 1" rule in the manual. When I read people's post on here though they keep saying their kid outgrew it because of the 1" rule.

ADS

henrietta

I just checked my digital copy of the manual, and all I found was an overall height limit of 36" RF.

I don't feel like digging out my manual right now...long night...but I can't imagine that my 1 year old will make it to 36" rear facing in her Cocorro. She's about 30" (maybe 31"-she's grown a lot lately, but I haven't measured her-in general, she's in 12-18 month size clothes). I think she has about 2 inches total above her head. Need to take the ruler out & check tomorrow. I've heard people say their kids made it to 2 or 2.5, but I don't see it. She's not a huge 1 year old either and not as long torsoed as my 6 year old was.

And fwiw, I guess I need to check and see what the rules are...LOL I just assumed 1". Not sure that I would go above that by much anyways. Just not comfortable with the idea of any taller (top of head taller & closer to the top of the seat).

gigi

It has the 1" rule. It is buried in the manual somewhere.

My daughter could have RFd until probably 38" in it but I replaced it at 36" ish, she had probably 1" to grow.

jwilliams

I can't find the 1" rule in the manual... can someone else? I obeyed it, but now I can't find it!

My twins would have outgrown the Coccoro around 35" with no diaper. They have somewhat long torsoes (but are short/light for their age, so it lasted past 2.5y).

henrietta

Well, I hope that my daughter lasts that long!! Although, she's not super fond of it anyways...it's a tiny seat...I will probably replace it before she's fully outgrown it rear facing for that reason.

kkcoconut

I read the manual top to bottom and couldn't find the 1" rule. On combis Facebook site they say they don't have a 1" rule and its outgrown when the child reaches 36" or their shoulders go over the top harness slot.

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
or their shoulders go over the top harness slot.

That makes it sound like they're talking about forward-facing.

I also don't remember seeing the 1" mentioned in the manual, and I asked their then-CPST-I rep about it, hoping the European belt path would limit downward rotation enough that it would be safe for kids to use the seat RF beyond that point. But she said no, definitely follow the 1" rule.

The Coccoro manual is notoriously lacking in many ways. I do believe they intend for people to follow the 1" rule.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC