Kiddy Cruiserfix Pro or Clek Oobr?

ADS

aporthole

Can you give some more background info? Age, weight, height of child who will be using it initially? Vehicle? Other kids/car seats in the vehicle?

melinstar

Sorry for being so vague. I guess I was just wondering which seat is personally preferable to people.

Seat would go in a 2014 Odyssey, 2010 Mazda CX-9, and/or 2008 Toyota Highlander. DD is 6, 58 lbs, 49" tall. (My 3.5 year old son is 34 lbs, 37", so it will be a long while before he'll be in a booster. He will inherit the Frontier 85 from his sister. I also have a 10 month old in Nuna Pipa, but I can't even imagine what cool booster seats will be available to her in 6 years. So I guess it being a hand-me-down seat isn't too much of a factor right now.)

I may be answering my own question, but since the Clek converts to low back booster, and Kiddy doesn't, maybe that's my answer. But, maybe not--maybe the low back conversion isn't as good, and I would end up buying a separate low back some day anyway.

Regrets for the rambling, but thoughts on two seats from people have used them are appreciated!

aporthole

I've been on a bit of a booster search as well and have considered similar seats. My son will be 6 in April and is nearing the limits of his harnessed seat in my husband's car.

I have ruled out the Kiddy CruiserFix due to many people having issues with the EPS foam of the side wings cracking and breaking since they do not have much structural support.

The Oober I have ruled out due to the very shallow seat pan.

I will be going for 3 across in hubby's car so I am looking at boostes on the slimmer side. I like the look of the Cybex Solution boosters but the Q-Fix is probably too wide. X-Fix is a contender.

Britax Parkway SGL is high on my list although I would ideally prefer a rigid LATCH booster.

If space weren't an issue, the Recaro Performance booster also looks very nice.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC