Question convertible carseat for 2014 Chevy Tahoe

angelainga

Hello.

I'm new here so forgive me if I've posted incorrectly. I have a 2014 Chevy Tahoe with captain chairs for 2nd row. My LO is 8.5 months and weighs right at 17.5lbs. We recently bought the Alpha Omega Safety 1st convertible car seat. However, it doesn't fit snug on the seat. By this, I mean, I can move the seat more than 3 inches in any direction once latched onto the seat with or without her in the seat. Which seats are recommended for Tahoe's with captian captain chairs?

Thank you!
Angela

ADS
Hi Angela, welcome to Car-Seat.Org!

I'm sure we can help with some tips to try to get your seat in securely. It is possible that your seat may not work in your vehicle, but there are a few tricks to try first.

To give us a better idea of how you have the car seat installed now, could you take a picture of the empty seat installed in your vehicle? We may be able to pinpoint some issues that could be preventing a good install.

Again, welcome!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC