Need seat advice

aleonard1509

Ok so we have been saving up to get a radian for my daughter. our son is outgrown his infant seat and we are going to move him to her myride and get a rxt for her. The problem is we are a single income military family and after months of saving i still dont have enough to get her a radian. I really wanted this seat as i like all the safety features and loved the 45lb weight limit rf. is there another seat that is just as safe but not quite as much? or does anyone know of any special sales? the cheapest i can find it is for about 280. Does anyone have any suggestions? We have to make a 2 day drive home in about 3 weeks and i need my son out of the infant seat before the trip. Thanks for any advice!

ADS

CrunchyMaineMama

Senior Community Member
What is your daughter's age/weight/height? A lot of kids don't need the 45lb RFing limit of the RXT and will last just fine in a 40lb RFing seat. There are many more affordable options in that case. How much room does she have left in the MyRide?

aleonard1509

she will be 2 at the end of july and is 27lbs and 33.5" tall. she is super tall for her age and we really want her to remain rearfacing as long as possible till at least 3.5 if not 4. my son is 6 months and 14lbs and 29.5" tall.

mominabigtruck

she will be 2 at the end of july and is 27lbs and 33.5" tall. she is super tall for her age and we really want her to remain rearfacing as long as possible till at least 3.5 if not 4. my son is 6 months and 14lbs and 29.5" tall.

That's really not that tall and we're looking for a seated toso height, from her bum to the top of her shoulders. What slot is she on in the myride and how many inches does she have above her head?

If she still has room in the myride I'd just keep her in that and get something else for your ds. You could also check out the evenflo triumph advanced and momentum, safety 1st complete air, graco size 4 me 70 and first years true fit. All of these have tall shells and are under $200.
Posted via Mobile Device

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
You could get a Radian R100 for about $190, if you have that saved. It's the same height as the RXT (you might get more time out of it without the wings, actually), and it has a 40 pound rear facing weight limit, which will be enough for her.

Wendy

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC