which car seat carriers/stroller frames are best for airplane travel?

G

gbird1

Anybody have any advice about which carseat carrier is the best for traveling? So far I have seen three brands that seem like they would work with my Graco Snugride carseat, the best combo I can think of since we will be needing a stroller as well--the Kolcraft Universal Infant Carseat Carrier, the Combi Flash, and the Graco stroller frame. The Combi seems like the lightest but the Graco obviously will fit the carseat the best, but Im not sure its small enough to travel with. Anybody have any experience with these? Thanks!! Gina

ADS

Caryn

I travelled to South Africa with a SnugRider. That's a 7 hr flight from Boston to London. A 12 hr layover. Then a 12 hr flight from London to Johannesburg, a 5 hour layover and then a 45 minute flight to Durban.

And then back.

The SnugRider was wonderful! It's still in perfect shape, and the airline staff were so pleased not to have to deal with something big and bulky. It was easy to push around, and nice to have while we were away.

I can't compare it to any other brand frame, but I know it was perfect for us!

ymherrera

I used the snugrider as my primary "stroller" while DS was still in his safeseat but then got the Mosaic to match his safeseat. I like compact strollers and I liked the snugrider a lot. It folds pretty flat.

chickenman

i like the size of the combi seems like something you can just put in the overhead and whip out, and it still works well with a snugride, its my favorite, but then again combis are

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC