Question RF tethering!

mamajava

Senior Community Member
Just curious! I have a '09 Town and Country. I have Miley rf in her MR65 on the passenger captains chair. The drivers side captains chair is removed for access in the 3rd row, where Anna is currently sitting. My question is...When my XTSL arrives, can I put it rf in the 3rd row (duh! I know I can!), but where would I teather it?

I can look this up in my owners manuel, but it is currently 15 degrees outside and I am lazy, so I thought I would ask here first! The seat hasn't came in the mail yet, so its not a worry yet, but I am just wondering if I am going to have to put the other captains seat back in!

Any help would be fantastic, just so I don't have to go freeze outside! :eek: HA! Thanks in advance!!! :D

ADS
L

LuciaBella

I believe for the town and country's you can actually tether to the middle top tether hook for the middle row center. Someone else can chirp in

crunchierthanthou

I believe for the town and country's you can actually tether to the middle top tether hook for the middle row center. Someone else can chirp in

if she has captain's chairs there is no middle row center. ;)

OP, your owner's manual likely won't address rf tethering. are you planning to have it in the middle or outboard? Outboard, I believe you can tether to an unused middle row TA. For the center, I would look at the middle row seat legs/anchorages. The rf tether point can be off center.

mamajava

Senior Community Member
Correct, I do not have a bench seat in the middle row, I have 2 captain chairs and then the 3rd row is a bench!

I was going to put her in the 3rd row using lower anchors! And in the 3rd row, the lower anchors are right in the middle of the drivers outboard and the middle!

We don't have these seats around here and we rarely see a Britax come through our checks! So, I am not to familiar with rf tethering.

So with that said, if I put her in the 3rd row, where the lower anchors are...could I tether it to the captains chair, just like I would if it was the very front driver or passenger seat?

Gosh, after thinking this through, I am thinking this seat is going to be more of a hassel than anything for me to install. Maybe I should just give in and put the other captains seat in and do it there, but then I am giving up my whole back seat!

Oy...What to do!!! :confused:

L

LuciaBella

Correct, I do not have a bench seat in the middle row, I have 2 captain chairs and then the 3rd row is a bench!

I was going to put her in the 3rd row using lower anchors! And in the 3rd row, the lower anchors are right in the middle of the drivers outboard and the middle!

We don't have these seats around here and we rarely see a Britax come through our checks! So, I am not to familiar with rf tethering.

So with that said, if I put her in the 3rd row, where the lower anchors are...could I tether it to the captains chair, just like I would if it was the very front driver or passenger seat?

Gosh, after thinking this through, I am thinking this seat is going to be more of a hassel than anything for me to install. Maybe I should just give in and put the other captains seat in and do it there, but then I am giving up my whole back seat!

Oy...What to do!!! :confused:

WOW I feel like a dimwit.

If I were you, I would just put the car seat in the 3rd row middle and tether to one of the captains chairs. You know you don't HAVE to RF tether right?? It's just an extra safety feature that Britax has. As long as the seat is braced against one of the captains chairs, I don't see a problem if you can't RF tether

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
I would attach the D-ring to the anchor assembly for the captain's chair (where it locks in.) It's a non-moving metal part that is bolted to the vehicle and should be strong enough to withstand the forces of a crash. If you can loop it securely around-- that's what I'd do, if you don't intend to put that chair back in while having the seat RF tethered.

crunchierthanthou

I would attach the D-ring to the anchor assembly for the captain's chair (where it locks in.) It's a non-moving metal part that is bolted to the vehicle and should be strong enough to withstand the forces of a crash. If you can loop it securely around-- that's what I'd do, if you don't intend to put that chair back in while having the seat RF tethered.

Yup. that's what I meant by "anchorage". :) If you want to tether to the passenger side, look for a seat leg. otherwise, where the other seat would attach to the floor is a great spot.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC