Anti rebound bar and RF tethering - Canada

J

JellyCat

I'm not sure how to install Britax Boulevard with anti rebound bar. The manual does not mention anything about installation with anti rebound bar. It just mentions RF tethering. I'm not sure if I have to use both, the bar and RF tethering? It does say in the instructions slip for anti rebound bar that it can be used as an alternative to RF tethering. However, I don't know if both tethering and anti rebound bar is perhaps a better option? I intend to use this seat for my >7kg 4 month old.

ADS

Keeanh

You can use the anti-rebound bar instead of the tether. It's an alternative to RF tethering that Britax came up with very recently after a lot of negative responses to the mandatory RF tethering thing. So that's why the bar isn't in the manual.

The trouble with RF tethering is that most vehicle manufacturers have said you can't tether to the front seat track. So that forces most people to tether over the back of the seat the car seat is installed on. So you have to either disconnect the tether to put the child in, or maneuver around the tether strap.

J

JellyCat

Thanks for the answer.
I installed the car seat with anti rebound bar RF and did not tether. The installation is very solid and feels safe and sequre. In fact, it's much better than my infant peg sip seat with base.

The only very minor issue is the tether storage pouch at the back of a seat. With tether strap inside, the seat leaves slightly less room for the front seat. It doesn't matter in my car because there is still plenty of space, but it may matter for people with smaller cars.

I will have to test drive it and see if my 4 month old likes it. Also, when riding in his peg, he would always move chest buckle to his abdomen. Ones, he was able to take one of his arms out since the buckle was on his abdomen creating a lot more room in between straps. He was always strapped in tight enough, as described by manufacturer. This was really unsafe and prompted me to move him to convertible sooner.
I hope he will not be able to do this with Britax.

Keeks64

He's 4 months old & moves his chest clip? That's one strong little baby :)

When you tighten the harness, make sure there is no slack in the hip area & then do the pinch test - if you can punch a fold in the harness vertically at the shoulder it's too loose. Your fingers should run smoothly over the harness when pinching vertically.

http://csftl.org/tag/pinch-test/

Double check these steps & he shouldn't be able to push it down anymore :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC