Question Peugeot 206 CC - UK

chrissie184

Hi
i have a Peugeot 206cc and i am having issues finding a group 1 seat that will fit the rear. Halfords were unable to find anything that would fit. Googling this shows me a review for a Britax Prince group 1 which should fit. Anyone fitted one of these into the back of a 206cc that can confirm this? Very small seats in these cars, its listed as a 2+2. I really wanna continue to carry my 1 yr old granddaughter around and this is becoming a royal pain! :mad:

Chrissie

ADS

AustinMusic

Hi there,

I have no experience of driving or installing child seats in a Peugeot 206cc, so I cannot help unfortunately (I know of the vehicle however).

I would check out the In Car Safety Centre. They are very knowledgable (as their business is dedicated solely to car safety seats) and they offer a very comprehensive range of seats.

They are based in Milton Keynes however they also have branches in Essex and Belfast (although choice might be a little reduced at the latter locations). I recommend visiting their website for directions/further details:

www.incarsafetycentre.co.uk

I hope that helps!:)

Adventuredad

Asking Halfords about advice for car seats is like asking Greece or US for advice on how to handle the economy. Not a good idea......

Using a front seat is not an option for a 12 months old. Well, we know it's an option in most countries but it shouldn't be since it's 500% less safe. So Britax Prince or any other forward facing seat will not be discussed.

Best solution, for space and safety, in your small car is to deactivate airbag in front passenger seat and use this for your child. This is just as safe as the rear for a rear facing child. If we look at all the factors then the front passenger seat with deactivated airbag is the safest place in the car.

Good options for the front would be Britax Hi-Way and Britax Max-Way. These are compact, comfortable and also have a small or no head support so view in right side mirror won't be too obscured. These seats are the best all-round seats available and will fit well in pretty much any car small to large. They both have the higher 25 kg rear facing weight limit.

Can you turn off airbag in the front seat?

finn

The 206 is pretty little. I would avoid forward facing a 1 year old if I could.

You could look at the Britax Max-way, it is a small seat but is fairly expensive if you are only using it part time. It should last most kids until they are 3.5-4 rear facing.

You could look at the Britax first class plus which rear faces until 13kg and doesn't take up a heap of room or the Joie stages seat which rear faces until 18kg :)

You could also try installing the seats in the middle at the back, sometimes that gives you a bit more room :)

Last edited:

_juune

You could look at the Britax Max-way, it is a small seat but is fairly expensive if you are only using it part time. It should last most kids until they are 3.5-4 rear facing.
To the age of 5 more like it. The MaxWay is not that small, the shell is taller than and not the same as HiWay.

newyorkDOC

According to the hauck website the varioguard will fit into a 206 and it's under £200. It's pretty compact but I'm guessing will last RF to 3 as the shell is on the short side IMO.

Adventuredad

The Varioguard is listed as only fitting in front seat in a 206CC. If rear seat must be used then Klippan Triofix is a far better choice. It's the most compact rear facing seat in upright mode. Needing a bit less space than Hi-Way.

Triofix is actually so compact that it fits into the R129 fixture but it does have a tall seat shell lasting rear facing to age 5 or perhaps a bit longer. It's a few centimeters more narrow than Max-Way and the other seats but last about as long RF as Max-Way or Minikid. The seat can also be used forward facing up to 36 kg and can be installed with Isofix or seat belt. It's a really popular seat, especially the model with recline.

Using rear seat in small 2-door cars is very impractical and not recommended if airbag in front passenger seat can be deactivated.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC