vintage car seat pics?

Baylor

I was trying to find a picture of my daughters car seat from the late 80's. Do you know anywhere I might find that ?

She is going to be 21 tomorrow. I can not believe it.

ADS

BookMama

Senior Community Member
You can find links to old seats here. I thihk that seats that have been discontinued for more than 10 years are no longer on the list, though. (Can't remember for sure.)

I believe that member ClassicSeats also has an album of old car seats, which you may be able to see by viewing his profile.

Baylor

Thanks!
I found her seat. It was a Fisher price t shield seat. When I look at it now, I can not believe how scary it is that she was in that seat. Better than nothing at the time. but still...

jaded

You mean this one?
DSC00018.jpg

I picked that, and a notched Cosco Touriva OHS seat from freecycle. the woman though I'd actually use them. LOL

Baylor

You mean this one?
I picked that, and a notched Cosco Touriva OHS seat from freecycle. the woman though I'd actually use them. LOL

YES!!! She wanted to still use it?! It is 20 years old or more! I bought my dd's in 1989.

Last edited by a moderator:

jaded

No, she gave it to me, thinking that I would use it. I didn't tell her otherwise, I didn't want them going to someone who would actually use them.

Baylor

No, she gave it to me, thinking that I would use it. I didn't tell her otherwise, I didn't want them going to someone who would actually use them.

Man! That is scary..

I was in an accident in that seat. I was broadsided with a bronco. I was in a Toyota tercel. My dd had bad bruising and some scratches from flying glass and her seat shifted across the back..It was a middle lap belt install, but had she not been in one.. I can not imagine.

However.. After the crash.. I think I still used it. I did not know not to. UGH!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC