OMG... Safety 1st... complete air convertible... rear face to 40lbs

ADS

serabi

Re: OMG... Safety 1st... air convertible... rear face to 40lbs

Wow. I'd love to know more about that seat.

capeKO71

I went to this website that they had posted at the end of the video... obviously safety 1st. is preparing to launch this product... but not there yet. lol. It just says "Hi Dave".... like a filler. lol.

www.safety1st.com/airprotect

MomToEliEm

I went to this website that they had posted at the end of the video... obviously safety 1st. is preparing to launch this product... but not there yet. lol. It just says "Hi Dave".... like a filler. lol.

www.safety1st.com/airprotect

When I went there, it said "Hi John!" I guess they are still in the preliminary launch phase of this seat and not ready for us to see the site. I am interested in learning about it.

BookMama

Senior Community Member

Wow, that's a great video. Thanks for sharing. Can't wait for this seat to hit the market. :thumbsup:

Spam

Yeah, there was a pic from a survey thing about it, but you're not suppossed to share those pics, so I think it was removed. I want to know more, but I dunno about dorel..

capeKO71

When I went there, it said "Hi John!" I guess they are still in the preliminary launch phase of this seat and not ready for us to see the site. I am interested in learning about it.

ha... they just took the "hi John" part off... they must have realized it was getting hits from other IP addresses. lol.

jrmo

That looks awesome! I am stunned though, that number 2 in the 40 lb RFing Game is Safety 1st! I'm ecstatic other manufacturers are following suit, but I really would like to see a Britax or RN.

Mama!

OOH!

It looks like a more basic Signo. The shape of those headwings looks just like our Signo.

I can't wait to see one in person!

capeKO71

yeah - I think Dorel definitely looks at Graco as its main competitor... so I'm sure that is part of the decision to bring it up to the 40lb mark. But most of dorel's seats actually would get kids to 40lbs... they have relatively tall shells - especially the newer 50lb seats...

BookMama

Senior Community Member

That looks awesome! I am stunned though, that number 2 in the 40 lb RFing Game is Safety 1st!

I'm not entirely surprised. Dorel gets a bad rap sometimes (sometimes deserved, sometimes not) but they were one of the first - if not the first - with convertibles that RF to 35 lbs, and if I'm not mistaken ALL their convertibles RF to 35 lbs. :thumbsup:

mylittlet

Senior Community Member

Can't wait to go carseat shopping with my bro and sil in a few months for new seats for my nephew. So many cool seats have come on the market. We are getting close to being done with seats. I have large kids that won't ever be rf again.

U

Unregistered1

Wasn't Dorel JUST slamming ERF in a public response to the Good Morning America segment?? And now they're coming out with a 40 lb RFing seat? Am I the only one wondering if there was an aneurysm involved?

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member

it looks a lot like the aoe shell, but with different headwings..but it says it has the same easy adjust harness, so I'm thinking ti really IS an AOe clone shell and adjust system but with those cool air wings. ...it looks really cool...what size dummy were they using, it looked big????

I try not to get exciteds after being let down so may times, but this has SERIOUS potential....

lovinwaves

I just sent a request too two new people on my FB :whistle:

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member

Wasn't Dorel JUST slamming ERF in a public response to the Good Morning America segment?? And now they're coming out with a 40 lb RFing seat? Am I the only one wondering if there was an aneurysm involved?

Dorel UK was. Dorel US has done pretty well rear facing. It's just been their forward facing seats and combos that have fallen short in a lot of ways. And their twisty straps.

Wendy

libranbutterfly

Hi John! is back.

Looks like a good seat, I'm very excited to see this seat in real life. Of course, I haven't even seen the MyRide yet. I hate being broke and too far from BRU (not really that far, only like 15 minutes, but more gas than I can afford)

Gypsy

Senior Community Member

All I really want to know is WHY? when my baby is 38.5 pounds, WHY are they ONLY going to 40 pounds ;) *I* need a tall shell seat that RFs to 50 FIFTY pounds PLEASE! :whistle:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC