If you were buying a vehicle (family of 8)

U

Unregistered

If you were buying for a family of 8, what vehicle?
(This was a great question for the family of 5 Tamie, hope you don't mind that I just changed it a little)

One rear seat infant, 5 boosters (children weigh 45-70#, ages 7-9 years).

In the Chevy Express I saw the first bench with a lap/shoulder belt in the middle seat. Which is helpful, but why not put in all benches? (ok, cost but still it's safer for adults or kids, right?)
Checked out Suburban but I can't find booster/car seats to fit in narrow back bench.

Other suggestions?
Thanks!

ADS

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
I'd only consider one option for our family-

The new Toyota Sienna, once all the crash tests are completed.

You can get a CE or LE with 8 passenger seating, 5 LATCH locations, head restraints and shoulder belts in all 8 spots, adjustable outboard shoulder belts for kids and short adults, side curtain head protection airbags for all 3 rows of seating and stability control. You will be hard pressed to find that in any other vehicle on the road. Plus, the minivan will have better handling and lower rollover risk than any truck-based vehicle like a full size van or SUV.

Also:

http://www.suvsafety.info

mamamia

I have the 7 passenger 2004 SIenna. I can't speak for the second row in the 8 passenger version, but I can tell you I have had 3 boosters in the 3rd row. A Graco UltraCargo installed with LATCH outboard (used with harness), a Century Brevera in the center (used as BPB) and a Century NextStep in the outher outboard position (used with harness). I think you could fit a RF convertible and 2 boosters in the 2nd row as well though.

I love the Sienna and would highly recommend it.

U

Unregistered

Thank you for your suggestions. I will definately look into the 2004 Sienna. Since we are a family of 8 , and would fill the Sienna, I am going to try to find something that would work for 9 or even more.
Thanks again!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC