Sixty Clek pictures

UlrikeDG

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
I took a bunch of pictures to post with my Clek review. That was in May, and I still haven't finished writing my review. So, I thought maybe posting the pictures would motivate me to get writing.

Here they are.

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Thanks. :) I loved the progression of pictures with Nadia. From "yay, this is fun!" to "Are we done yet?" LOL

What does Roman think of the leg support? It seems non existent for older kids. Did he or Evalina mind it?

Wendy

lovinwaves

Wow, I just realized how much rfing space that Roundabout takes up compared to the Marathon. Even at 45 degrees you get considerably more room for the driver's front seat. (unless you are really short, and your seat is really forward :eek: LOL)

UlrikeDG

So is that a Clek Olli? And can I ask which DD is that in the seat?

Yes, that's the Olli, and both Eva (8 years, 58 lb) and Nadia (5 years, 40 lb) are pictured, as is Roman (10 years, 56 lb, 55").

What does Roman think of the leg support? It seems non existent for older kids. Did he or Evalina mind it?

They both commented on how comfortable the seat is. I haven't used it on any long drives yet, but they don't seem to find the leg support to be an issue for short periods.

Wow, I just realized how much rfing space that Roundabout takes up compared to the Marathon. Even at 45 degrees you get considerably more room for the driver's front seat. (unless you are really short, and your seat is really forward :eek: LOL)

I think the driver's seat is 1 or 2 "clicks" up from all the way back.

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Wow, I'm really impressed with how low across the lap the lap belt portion sits. How does the booster adjust the way that the shoulder portion sits? One series of pictures seemed to show the different ways it could fit smaller and younger kids?

I love the pink camo. Thanks for sharing the pic's with us.

(Did I mention I'm really impressed? :p I recall seeing clek mention they're working on a high back booster? That being the case I bet it's what we end up with when we eventually move into booster land. I've been impressed with what I've read about their design process from what he's posted anyways, but seeing your kids in it made me really like it. :))

groovymom2000

Thanks for those pictures!

Ulrike--those last shots, where the Clek is between the parkway and the MA(?)--did that work at all? Do you think that it would fit between a MA and a Radian? I have a very narrow center seat and I would love for the Clek to work(so I can justify buying one). Right now I do have a FP that I use backless, but the armrests are so low that it is really hard for us to buckle in a 3 across situation.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
<flashback> I used to love my Ashley Floral and Express seat combo :love:

Thanks for all the great comparison pics! That center Honda belt either fits perfect or doesn't work at all, isn't it amazing what those inches moving up or down can do?
Groovymom, I've found the Olli armrests are so tall that they don't mesh well next to a Marathon/Roundabout (your FP sits under the flared side, right? These armrests push it out away from the Britax so there's no puzzling :()

UlrikeDG

Wow, I'm really impressed with how low across the lap the lap belt portion sits. How does the booster adjust the way that the shoulder portion sits? One series of pictures seemed to show the different ways it could fit smaller and younger kids?

The Olli doesn't adjust the seatbelt at all, which is a problem in some seating positions.

Thanks for those pictures!

Ulrike--those last shots, where the Clek is between the parkway and the MA(?)--did that work at all? Do you think that it would fit between a MA and a Radian? I have a very narrow center seat and I would love for the Clek to work(so I can justify buying one). Right now I do have a FP that I use backless, but the armrests are so low that it is really hard for us to buckle in a 3 across situation.

The problem is in that seating position there is a plastic hinge at the seat bight (you can see it in some of the close ups), and that hinge is located right where the Olli's LATCH connector "wants" to slide into the seat bight. This pushes the Olli forward on that side, which keeps it from fitting between the MA and the PW. Also, the seatbelt for the center position ends up significantly under the booster, making it unusable even if it weren't twisted forward on one side.

It did seem to puzzle well with the MA (arms below/behind the rim), but I didn't have a child sit in it, so I don't know how comfortable (or not) it would be.

Kat_Momof3

Ulrike - does your 2nd row have adjustable shoulderbelts? it looked like the shoulderbelt was not hitting quite right on the girls... if it is adjustable, like the ones in the 2nd row of my caravan, I think that would solve the problem, as you could lower it.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
If memory serves, the Marathon sits lower... which is why, if you see them on a store shelf, there doesn't seem much height difference.

Not positive, though.

I was just speculating, since the Olli does NOT fit under the side of my Roundabout. ;)

UlrikeDG

I was just speculating, since the Olli does NOT fit under the side of my Roundabout. ;)

I'll have to try it in a different vehicle. The problem in the 3rd row of the Ody was unrelated to the armrests/Marathon interaction.

Ulrike - does your 2nd row have adjustable shoulderbelts? it looked like the shoulderbelt was not hitting quite right on the girls... if it is adjustable, like the ones in the 2nd row of my caravan, I think that would solve the problem, as you could lower it.

I don't think the seatbelt is too *high* in any of the pictures. The problem is, when I move the vehicle seat to the center, the belt falls too low, even when it's adjusted to its highest. The Parkway compensates for this, but there isn't anything I can do about it with the Clek.

Kat_Momof3

I was referring to the two of your daughter using the Olli at the bottom of page 1 in the album.

(didn't want to be pasting or linking to pictures that are not mine)

UlrikeDG

LOL It's quite alright to link my pictures in the thread I started about my pictures! ;)

I think you're talking about this one, right?
100_0710.jpg

The belt is right smack dab in the middle of her shoulder. It looks like textbook correct fit to me.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC