Vent Sick and tired of the High Rise/Ambassador not having a belt adjuster

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Seriously, I constantly get people coming in to BRU trying to buy this monstrosity [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Safety-1st-Seat-Belt-Adjuster/dp/B0000488W5"]Amazon.com: Safety 1st Seat Belt Adjuster: Baby[/ame] because they bought that stupid cheap booster at Walmart and *REFUSE* to *CONSIDER* that if the belt is rubbing on your kid's neck that bad, you need to cut your loses and buy a new seat, the one you have ISN'T WORKING :thumbsdown:

I got a family today that put their kid in the middle with a lapbelt only because the belt was rubbing his neck so bad. At least we got to have a long chat about how sadly pathetic the state of customer education is in regards to seat safety, seatbelt syndrome, and proper belt fit. But the idea of buying a new seat, instead of expensive gadgets to make a wrong seat work, was just totally out of the realm of possibility for them.

What to do with people who have this seat and no adjuster? I'm temped to see if the Sunshine Kids Sure Fit works, but what else might do it? A Graco one? :rolleyes:

PS, Cosco used to have adjusters. I never used mine, sent it to a friend, I never needed one (because I only put larger kids in boosters, perhaps? lol), so I assumed no one else does. Oh how wrong I was. Sigh.

ADS

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
I saw one in the One Step Ahead catalog that claims that it adjusts without pulling the lap belt up. (They show it used with a booster-- which irritated me, because if you're using a booster it should position the belt right, or you need a different booster!) This is it: http://www.onestepahead.com/catalog/product.jsp?productId=535606&cmSource=Search It looks kind of like it anchors with... a locking clip.

Please note: I am not endorsing or promoting use of this product. One should use a high backed booster or booster that comes with a belt positioner if the booster your child is in does not position the shoulder belt right.

(That wasn't for you, I'm sure you know, Julie. ;) )

mommycat

That looks better than most of them. I am guessing in this case they really couldn't win with the picture, because they couldn't very well show a kid with no booster in an ill-fitting belt... But for me, this might be an acceptable product, since I don't fit in any boosters and yet often have the shoulderbelt cutting into my neck. ;P

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
If you click the thumbnails there is one shown without a booster.

Also, I love that on the page where they warn that "some positioners" pull the lap belt dangerously high, they have a link to one that does on their "related products" list. ;)

Last edited:

mommycat

The thumbnails wouldn't work for me at all, but my computer is acting funny because I am running something very memory-intensive. I will look again later.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Oh, good, that's the one I recommended to them :cool: (The Amazon review said one of the clip parts didn't stay tight, so I'm sort of fretting now and wanting to buy one to test it out myself...it actually might be a workable solution to my chin-splitting rear center shoulderbelt....)

I wish we had the Autosafe in this country (sorry, I'm running out the door, but google it, it's totally cool!)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC