Doona infant car seat

Kobain's Mommy

What is going to be the price point of the Doona? I'm in love with the Fresh and Sky covers on it. And will it be FAA approved? How much does it weigh? I tried googling and didn't find much about the seat, just some videos.

ADS

_juune

Not much help but I did read a somewhat not-so-great review about the seat [Euro]. I hope they fix the issues because I find the whole concept awesome :(

Kecia

Admin - CPST Instructor
It's not expected until late 2015 so I wouldn't get too excited about it at this point since it's possible that it won't even materialize here.

I heard the price point is expected to be between $300-$400.

It's a neat niche concept but the thing weighs a TON (we could barely lift it and that was without a kid in it). We didn't have our luggage scale with us but I thought it weighed at least 25 lbs. Maybe even more. It was *really* heavy.

It's not expected until late 2015 so I wouldn't get too excited about it at this point since it's possible that it won't even materialize here. I heard the price point is expected to be between $300-$400. It's a neat niche concept but the thing weighs a TON (we could barely lift it and that was without a kid in it). We didn't have our luggage scale with us but I thought it weighed at least 25 lbs. Maybe even more. It was *really* heavy.

Oh that stinks. The absolute LAST thing anyone needs in an infant seat is additional weight. When I pick up a Comfy Carry I want to kiss Dorel on the forehead for making it weigh literally as much as a caterpillar.

Aurezalia

It's not expected until late 2015 so I wouldn't get too excited about it at this point since it's possible that it won't even materialize here. I heard the price point is expected to be between $300-$400. It's a neat niche concept but the thing weighs a TON (we could barely lift it and that was without a kid in it). We didn't have our luggage scale with us but I thought it weighed at least 25 lbs. Maybe even more. It was *really* heavy.

But that's just the prototype, no? Even the final Foonf prototype before production weighed more than the final product. I've been reading that it's supposed to weigh in at 16lbs?

1mommy

Wow, that article brings up some serious safety concerns I would hope they address before bringing it to the U.S.

Kobain's Mommy

I'm not needing one any time soon. Just looking. I hate having to lug a stroller around. Having to get it in and out of the car while trying to get kids in and out of school, quick trips, zoo, etc.

Reading the one articular the only worry I have is the harness not getting tight enough. The marks on the thighs, my DS had those all the time he wasn't in pants in his SR32. As well as they saying baby should be in a flat stroller. It's not diffrent than a travel system or seat with snap in here.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC