Question Cars

U

Unregistered

I want to buy a car and my family is big i want to be able to fit 10 car seats do you know what car I can buy?

ADS

DawgDad

It's not sexy, but if you need to fit 10 carseats in it, this is probably your best choice...

Nissan NV HD SL
nv-passenger1.jpg

2013_Nissan_NV_Passenger_NV3500_HD_SL_558979_i0.jpg

2013-Nissan-NV-3500-Passenger-Van-016.jpg

1mommy

Why says its not sexy? LOL. I think it looks really nice, with headrests and lap/shoulder belts in every spot. Though the OP may have trouble fitting it in your garage ;) ...

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
Another good choice is the Dodge/Mercedes/Freightliner Sprinter passenger van. One benefit over the NV is that you can more easily find them used at a good value.

DawgDad

Another good choice is the Dodge/Mercedes/Freightliner Sprinter passenger van. One benefit over the NV is that you can more easily find them used at a good value.

Is the passenger version more widely available in the used market over the NV? I have seen more passenger versions in the ATL area than I have of the Mercedes Sprinter. I don't disagree that it's a good option...but I thought it was skinnier (less width) making it harder to put in 10 carseats in the 10 seats in the back. I will have to look at specs.

BTW, I didn't mean to offend...it's just not as "sexy" as the smaller minivan versions...didn't mean it wasn't sexy at all.

jennzee

BTW, I didn't mean to offend...it's just not as "sexy" as the smaller minivan versions...didn't mean it wasn't sexy at all.

Based on looks? Nope...the the NV wins hands down in the sexy department in comparison to any minivan out there! But then, you know how I feel about minivans....

T4K

Yes, they do look good! I'm trying to convince DH to buy one for his work. They use standard 15-passenger vans without headrests in every position.

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
Is the passenger version more widely available in the used market over the NV?

Only because the Sprinter has been around for over a decade, while the NV is essentially new in the last couple years. I doubt either of them are selling all that many 12-passenger models, so it won't be easy to find either one in some areas.

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
10 kids in carseats? What are the ages and sizes? By the time you get up to kid #10, the older kids are usually in boosters or even 5-stepping, which would reduce the need for tethers.

What are you currently driving and how is it working for you?

DawgDad

10 kids in carseats? What are the ages and sizes? By the time you get up to kid #10, the older kids are usually in boosters or even 5-stepping, which would reduce the need for tethers.

What are you currently driving and how is it working for you?

Could be for an inhome daycare? May be they have a bunch of multiples? It gets squirrely at that number to find a safe vehicle that makes sense.

DawgDad

Based on looks? Nope...the the NV wins hands down in the sexy department in comparison to any minivan out there! But then, you know how I feel about minivans....

That you are going to get one... ;) You could get one of these instead, but they are pricier and even harder to find (especially used).

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
Could be for an inhome daycare? May be they have a bunch of multiples? It gets squirrely at that number to find a safe vehicle that makes sense.

Good point. For seating a lot of kids, I would NOT recommend a 15-passenger van like the Dodge Ram, Ford E-Series or Chevy Express.

http://www.safercar.gov/Vehicle+Shoppers/Passenger+Van+Safety

Even the Sprinter and NV are not ideal, given their much higher rollover risk, but at least many of these newer models are often equipped with essential safety features like 3-point seatbelts, head restraints, stability control and side curtain airbags. That can reduce the risk of rollover related injuries quite a bit. Also, avoid the high roof models if at all possible!

jennzee

That you are going to get one... ;) You could get one of these instead, but they are pricier and even harder to find (especially used).

The hubby actually almost did...if there were plans to add any more kids to the family, I actually would have seriously considered it. One came up at a local dealership earlier this month and he tried to check it out, but it was on a test drive when he got there and then immediately sold. This was the only used one he could find closer than Minnesota. But alas, I talked some sene into him...while a family of 7 is large, the NV was still a little overkill size-wise for us.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC