How is your 2006, 2007, or 2008 Sedona holding up?

staryla

Kia Sedona's seem highly recommended here...but how are ones from this era holding up? They got good ratings, but what are maintenance and repair experiences like?

ADS

purplemama

There are many things I love about my '06 Sedona. I got mine 2.5 years ago. It had 47,000 miles on it and was in really good shape. It was $10,000. Everything else around that price had over 100,000 miles and was in not so good shape.
It now has 67,000 miles on it. We had to fix some fuel thing (sorry I don't remember what it was) that was almost $1,000 and that's with my DH's parts discount (he works at an auto parts supplier and gets parts at cost). We are also on our 3rd power steering pump. My left turn signal goes very fast like a bulb is out, except that it's not. No one can figure out what is wrong with it.
I didn't think we'd be having this much go wrong on something with so few miles. I really baby my cars so it's not like it's been treated rough.
But it has really good safety ratings. It was our best option at the time, with the shape the other vans we looked at were in we would probably be putting more money in one of those. I just thought we'd have more time before things started going wrong :(.

T4K

There are many things I love about my '06 Sedona. I got mine 2.5 years ago. It had 47,000 miles on it and was in really good shape. It was $10,000. Everything else around that price had over 100,000 miles and was in not so good shape. It now has 67,000 miles on it. We had to fix some fuel thing (sorry I don't remember what it was) that was almost $1,000 and that's with my DH's parts discount (he works at an auto parts supplier and gets parts at cost). We are also on our 3rd power steering pump. My left turn signal goes very fast like a bulb is out, except that it's not. No one can figure out what is wrong with it. I didn't think we'd be having this much go wrong on something with so few miles. I really baby my cars so it's not like it's been treated rough. But it has really good safety ratings. It was our best option at the time, with the shape the other vans we looked at were in we would probably be putting more money in one of those. I just thought we'd have more time before things started going wrong :(.

Is the light assembly on correctly? Is moisture and condensation messing up the blinker?

purplemama

Is the light assembly on correctly? Is moisture and condensation messing up the blinker?

Everything is as it should be. Nice and tight & dry. The theory is it's something in the steering column. Not in the budget to explore that at this time. :(

staryla

Thanks for the response. 67,000 miles is very low mileage for a 2006 and I'm bummed to hear that you are having problems.

I'm just about done with dealing with 3 across and ready for a minivan. We are test driving an 06 Sedona tomorrow....but it has 100,000 on it.

jjordan

We have a 2008 with maybe 78k miles. We bought it two years ago. We really haven't had any problems except that one of the power doors is wonky. Apparently it is a known problem and the fix is somewhat easy to DIY - I ordered the part but it hasn't come in yet. Other than that, I think we had some brake work done at some point.

LC2003

It turns out this model was in least reliable category in Consumer Reports after 6-8 years in service. We sold our 2006 Sedona EX this spring after spending far too much on repairs. Mainly the suspension - constantly fixing control arms, etc. They had a recall on that recently - they failed to rustproof the suspension - but found a way to weasel out of our refund. My mechanic (who is a friend from high school and whom I trust) said he saw so many Kias with the same problem. I would not buy one with 100K on it. I think ours had about 120K when we sold it.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC